The Canberra Raiders share a special bond with the Canberra and Regional Community by bringing NRL to the nation’s capital. GIO stadium hosts 12 Raiders home games per year with many hours of hard work going into the preparation of these games. We need our valuable volunteers to support the Green Machine on game days through customer service and operations assistance.
Additionally, the Raiders do their best to assist in worthwhile ventures and community work by volunteering their time at schools, hospitals, charities and other community events. The Raiders were able to conduct over 500 hours of community appearances in 2016 but would love your help to give more to our community.
What the Raiders are looking for:
· Working with vulnerable people card (compulsory)
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
· A ‘can-do’ and friendly attitude
· Willingness to work in teams and independently
· Any customer service experience highly regarded
Raiders Volunteers with Josh Hodgson at the 2016 Meninga Medal.
What the Raiders can give you:
· Experience working with the capitals largest sporting organisation
· Local engagement with your community
· 2017 Raiders Membership
· VIP parking at games
· Food and beverage voucher on game days
· Other benefits dependent on contribution
Applications from university/ CIT students, and those seeking work experience in sports, are strongly encouraged. Raiders are able to provide references and other paperwork to help include this opportunity as part of your studies. We also consider transitions for students from the volunteer program into our internship programs.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications each season, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Raiders Volunteers at the Raiders v Sharks qualifying final at GIO Stadium.