Canberra Raiders Trials for 2013
Monday 14 January 2013 12:40 PM
After a thoroughly impressive pre-season the Canberra Raiders are edging closer and closer to their first opportunity to gain some match fitness by playing in their first trial for 2013.
Raiders Coach David Furner has been impressed by the great depth that he has at his disposal this year and the trials are the first opportunity for certain players to showcase their talents to Furner in the hope of securing a position in the top seventeen for round one.
The Raiders National Youth Competition side will also be participating in trials in conjunction with their NRL compatriots.
As the Under 20s have such a large squad they will play in their first trial for 2013 this Saturday against the Penrith Panthers at Goulburn Workers Arena.
This trial will assist Coach Mick Mantelli in finalising his squad for the upcoming season as the side prepares to go one better than last year’s Grand Final appearance.
For any Raiders fans that are eager to come along and watch the trials, we have listed the details below:
- NYC Trial: Raiders v Panthers on Saturday 19th of January at 4:00pm, Goulburn Workers Arena
- NRL Trial: Raiders v Storm on Friday 8th of February at 6.30pm Simonds Stadium, Geelong
- NYC Trial: Raiders v Storm on Saturday 9th of February at 3:30pm, Greenfields Park, Albury
- NRL Trial: Raiders v Mounties/Wyong on Saturday 16th of February at 6.30pm, Cook park, Mt Pritchard
- NRL and NYC Trial: Raiders v Bulldogs on Saturday 23rd of February with NYC at 5.05pm and NRL at 7.00pm, Goulburn Workers Arena