We stand as one – Important Membership update
Due to the 2020 Telstra Premiership competition postponement and subsequent restructure, combined with Government rules still in effect which will restrict matches being played in front of live audiences, the Raiders acknowledge that we will be unable to deliver the full range of game day access rights that Access Members subscribed to.
Important 2020 Membership Update
To this end, we have developed a range of options and ask those affected to please select the option that best suits your circumstances by Monday 22 June.
With our strong sense of community and local connection, we remain committed to:
- Improving the reach and profile of our sport
- Contributing greater social value to our community
- Being financially sustainable to continually invest in rugby league activities
- Developing the best sporting infrastructure for participation
- Delivering our club values into the wider community
- Improving the region through rugby league programs, participation and education.
We believe that our community is what keeps us going. We understand that everyone’s situation is unique and know that you will continue to support us in the best way you can and ask where possible, to allocate your funds to our club.
Stand as One Options
You can retain your status as a 2020 Member and use the credit for the ‘unfulfilled’ components of your package by:
- Donating to the Raiders Coronavirus Recovery Fund
Keeps the funds with the Club, shows your ongoing commitment and allows you to claim a tax-deductible donation for your support.
- Membership 2021 Credit
Keeps the funds with the Club and shows your ongoing commitment.
- Reallocate funds
Request a partial refund or keep the funds with the Club by transferring your credit into a Raiders Shop voucher.
1. Access Members have until Monday 22 June 2020 to select their preferred option.
2. These options can be selected via logging in you MyRaiders Account and completing a form.
3. For further assistance the Raiders Membership team is contactable via firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving a voice-mail at 02 6253 3515 for a call back.
4. Access Members who do not provide a response by Monday 22 June 2020 to one of the options will see credit for the ‘unfilled components’ of their package rolled over into 2021 season.
5. Access Members first choice on compensation method is the one that will be actioned by the Club with no option to change your mind.
6. Access memberships that are eligible for compensation include: Club 82, Platinum, Premium, Gold Grandstand, Gold Inner Bowl, Silver Inner Bowl, Bronze GA, Away Flexi (excluding Flexi Junior), Bronze-6, Bronze-4, Flexi-3, Bronze-2.
7. Members without game day access rights (Baby/Toddler, Junior Green Brigade and Supporter) have received full package benefits for the season and are ineligible for the above.
Why is the Club asking me to keep my funds with the Club?
The Coronavirus pandemic has had a significant impact on communities across the globe. Like many other sports clubs across Australia, our great club has been severely impacted financially by Coronavirus.
Membership funds are a significant component of Raiders annual revenue. Keeping the funds with the Club will help us be financially sustainable to continually invest in rugby league activities and will assist the Club to get through this period of financial hardship.
How much will my credit amount to?
The credit amount is based on what you have paid for your package, minus the costs the organisation has incurred for the production and delivery of your members pack as well as any game day costs.
Refer below for example ‘unfulfilled’ component amounts. Please note costs may change for Members on part payments, subject to individual payment plan schedules.
I have a part-season access membership, am I entitled to a credit?
As an Access Member you are entitled to a credit for the ‘unfulfilled components’ of your package.
If restrictions in place change and patrons can attend games, will I be able to get a ticket?
Should this occur and a limited number of seats become available, more information will be communicated at the time, including which Members if any may be eligible to purchase tickets. Our Clubs attitude is to provide game-day ticket access first ahead of general public.
How long will it take to receive my refund or Raiders Shop voucher?
Where refunds are payable, allow up to 28-days for the refund to be processed back into your account or for Raiders Shop voucher details to be provided.
How will my credit work when 2021 Memberships go on sale?
Your membership credit will be reflected on your account at time of renewal. When renewing your membership you will be able to use the credit to go towards the cost of the membership package you select.
What if I don’t use all my available credit in 2021?
Any remaining credit balance will be available for future seasons.
I am interested in donating to the Recovery Fund - for what period is the tax-deductable receipt for?
For all responses submitted by Monday 22 June 2020 the tax-deductible donation will be applicable for the 2019/2020 financial year.
What Happens to my Membership Part Payments for Season 2020?
After the Season was Postponed by the NRL the Canberra Raiders stopped all membership part payments for the remainder of season 2020, and no further payments will be taken for this season.
How much will my credit amount to?
The credit amount is based on what you have paid for your package, minus the costs the organisation has incurred for the production and delivery of your members pack as well as any game day and administrative costs.
Who will the donation receipt be made out to?
The Donation will be made on behalf of each seat owner, which is the person who's name appears on that specific seat, regardless of who paid for it originally.