You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Austbrokers Canberra Raiders Cup Round 15 Wrap

The top four sides continued their winning ways over the weekend as they all continued to maintain their finals hopes.

Queanbeyan Kangaroos 42 (Tries: F Tonga 2, T Henderson, B Crisp, B Cronan, J Hitchins, N Ngere, R Tuckwell; Goals: B Crisp 5) d Queanbeyan Blues 34 (Tries: J Stuckey, J Williams, D Barrie, J Baker, Z Bijorac, T Stevens; Goals: T Campese 4, J Baker)

The Queanbeyan Kangaroos have claimed an enthralling Queanbeyan derby as they managed to beat the Blues 42-34 at Seears Workwear Oval.

The Kangaroos started strongly when Fonua Tonga crossed in the third minute before Brent Crisp scored near the posts as they doubled the lead.

Tyrone Henderson scored in the corner before Bryan Cronan managed to ground a towering Crisp bomb to make the score 22-0 in favour of the Kangaroos at the 20 minute mark.

The Blues hit back later in the half as Josh Stuckey continued his recent try scoring form before Jordan Williams scored under the posts on the back of second phase play.

However, the Blues were dealt at the conclusion of that try with Campese being sent to the sin bin.

Despite this, the Blues kept scores level during the 10 minute period before Barrie closed the gap to four points with a try from dummy-half.

The Kangaroos sparked into action and Josh Hitchins barged over after gathering a Crisp offload before Tonga scored in the corner.

Unfortunately for the Kangaroos, Tonga injured his thumb in the process and didn't return to the field.

With 20 minutes remaining on the clock, the Blues scored twice through Josh Baker and Zane Bijorac before Tyler Stevens scored out wide to level the scores at 34 all.

Campese missed the resulting conversion and both teams pushed for a winning try.

The Kangaroos got the breakthrough in the 74th minute when Nukurua Ngere crashed over the line before Ryan Tuckwell sealed the win with a try out wide.

West Belconnen Warriors 28 (Tries: R Thomas, T Moa, J Graham, M Campbell, B McFarlane; Goals: L Keeley) d Goulburn Workers Bulldogs 12 (Tries: J Aubusson, Z Hart; Goals: C Hart 2)

The West Belconnen Warriors arrested their recent poor form with a 16 point win over Goulburn.

James Aubusson helped Goulburn take the lead with a try from dummy-half in the third minute before Beau McFarlane hit back for the Warriors.

Zach Hart proved too strong for the Warriors defence as he scored minutes later but once against West Belconnen stuck in and levelled the scores this time through Ryley Thomas.

Jacob Graham gave West Belconnen the lead just before halftime and the Warriors didn't relinquish it.

Lachlan Keeley put Nela Moa through to scores ten minutes into the second half before Matthew Campbell sealed the win with a try in the corner in the dying moments.

Woden Valley Rams 22 (Tries: C Hodge 2, D Spencer, A Vivili, L Withers; Goals: L Withers) d Gungahlin Bulls 6 (Try: M Sollis; Goal: N Mead)

The Woden Valley Rams stretched their unbeaten run to nine games as they defeated the Gungahlin Bulls by 16 points.

The Woden halves combined well to open the scoring as Lincoln Withers latched on to a Sean Maloney grubber kick to score in the tenth minute before Cody Hodge scored.

Ash Vivili extended Woden's lead shortly afterwards with a try out wide but Gungahlin clawed on back when Rourke O'Sullivan managed to find the supporting Michael Sollis who scored.

However, Gungahlin's momentum was halted as Daine Spencer scored a near length of the field try on the stroke of the interval.

The second half was a tight affair but Cody Hodge grabbed his second try in the final ten minutes to ensure the Rams entered the bye in good form.

Tuggeranong Bushrangers 22 (Tries: J Martin 2, A Tupou 2, L Tuicakau; Goals: L Oakley) d Belconnen United Sharks 16 (Tries: C McAskill, A Greenwood, M Woolnough; Goals: D Eason 2)

The top of the table Tuggeranong Bushrangers were made to work for the two points as they faced the Belconnen United Sharks.

Atu Tupou ensured the Bushrangers started brightly with two tries in the opening 15 minutes before setting up Jordan Martin 10 minutes later.

However, the Sharks fought back as Matt Woolnough scored before setting up Aidan Greenwood early in the second half to reduce the margin to two points.

Tuggeranong continued to threaten down the left edge and scored twice thanks to Tuicakau and Martin before Channon McAskill scored a late try for the Sharks.

Acknowledgement of Country

Canberra Raiders respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.