You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The Monaro Colts Daley Cup side remain undefeated, while the Johns Cup team lost a tight one in round three over the weekend.

Andrew Johns Cup

The Colts Under 16s went down to the Illawarra South Coast Dragons in a close 18-12 loss at Sid Parrish Park on Saturday.

The Colts trailed by two points with one minute to go before Dragons halfback Jackson Rieck scored the match-winning try.

Illawarra South Coast scored first through centre Toby Rumble. Clay Baldock successfully converted to give his side a 6-0 lead.

Monaro levelled the scored at 6-6 just after half-time with five-eighth Blake Hovi scoring and then converting his own try.

Dragons centre Rumble picked up his second try of the day, with Baldock adding the two points to put the home side ahead 12-6 after 45 minutes.

A penalty goal to Baldock extended the Dragons lead to eight points, but Monaro hooker Xavier Cacciotti kept his side right in the match with a try. Hovi added the extras to bring the score to 14-12 with eight minutes to go.

But the Dragons scored in the final minute of the match to snatch victory.

Laurie Daley Cup

The Colts Under 18s recorded their third straight win of the season with a 30-22 victory over the Illawarra South Coast Dragons at Sid Parrish Park on Saturday.

In what was a high scoring affair, the Colts scored six tries to the Dragons five, with both teams showing off their attack.

The Dragons grabbed an early 4-0 lead with centre Flynn Allen scoring. Monaro hit straight back with tries to Joseph Delle and Keegan Kenny, halfback Mitchell Evans converting one try to give the Colts a 10-4 lead.

Illawarra South Coast levelled the scores at 10-all in the 23rd minute, with a try to Jack Piccirilli and penalty goal to Ryan Hodgson.

The Colts put their noses in front just before the break, with centre Matthew Wheatley crossing the try-line and Evans successfully adding the two points for a 16-10 lead at half-time.

The Dragons closed the gap to 16-14 right after the break through a James McClelland four-pointer. But the Colts then jumped to a 26-14 lead when Evans scored and converted his own try before Kenny crossed the try-line for his second try of the day.

Dragons winger McClelland scored again for the home side to bring the score to 26-18, but Monaro winger Delle picked up another try and extended his side’s lead to 30-18.

The Dragons scored right before full-time but it wasn’t enough, with the Colts continuing their unbeaten streak.

Both Monaro Colts teams take on the Western Rams next weekend in round four action.