The Raiders return to GIO Stadium Canberra this weekend to host the Melbourne Storm on Saturday night.
Despite 100% Capacity returning to the venue, members and fans are asked to read through the game day guide to maintain a COVID Safe environment on game day.
Saturday, May 22, GIO Stadium Canberra
Gates Open: 5.20pm
Katrina Fanning Shield - UC Stars v Goulburn City Bulldogs: 5.30pm
NRL – Raiders v Storm: 7.35pm
Tickets for Saturday night are available via Ticketek. Tickets may be purchased ONLINE ONLY up until the end of half-time in the NRL fixture. Given the on-going COVID restrictions, box office ticket sales at the ground are unlikely during season 2021.
Game Day Sponsor: ActewAGL
Our Round 11 match day sponsor are powerful partners, ActewAGL — your proudly local energy provider, powered by locals, for locals. Look out for the ActewAGL representatives who will be handing out giveaways in the West forecourt as you enter the stadium.
ActewAGL knows that winter in the capital is chilly, so they’ve brought the heat with their Chilly Season plan. Demonstrating the importance of staying warm from the chill, at NRL halftime, there will be several kids racing across the field, layering up as they go to try and ‘beat the chill’. Don’t miss all the action on game day, from our match day sponsor!
Match Day Charity: Canberra Community Salvos
Our 50-50 Charity Raffle proceeds from Round 11 will be going to our Game Day Charity, Canberra Community Salvos. Assisted by 50-50 representatives, volunteers will be selling raffle tickets online and around the grounds at the game. 50% of the prize pool will go to one lucky winner and the remaining amount to the charity. Donating this round will assist Canberra Community Salvos to ensure that no one is left in need. They do a bucket load of good in our community and your funding will help them continue.
50/50 Charity Raffle
The 50-50 Charity Raffle is a not-for-profit fundraising raffle that raises funds for charities, good causes and significant projects. It gives fans and members the chance to win cash prizes while supporting great charitable causes.
For this round, the Canberra Raiders will be raising funds for the Canberra Community Salvos. 50% of the prize pool goes to one lucky winner who has purchased a ticket and the remaining amount is directed to the charity.
The Canberra Raiders are committed to continuing to support those in the community, like the Canberra Community Salvos, and the fantastic work that they do.
Raffle tickets can be purchased online via 5050charityraffle.com.au/raiders or face-to-face at the game through roaming sellers.
The lucky winner will be drawn in the second half of the NRL Round 11 match, Raiders v Storm.
Volunteer Recognition Round
This week the Raiders will be recognising all of the hard work and contribution the club's volunteers make to helping to make the game day the best experience for all members and fans.
For the NRL match, the Raiders Super Squad will line the tunnel as the team takes the field and the Raiders Customer service volunteers will line the tunnel for the second half.
The club would like to thank all of the volunteers who help make the club run smoothly on game day and selected club events.
This week’s Viking Ambassador is Raider #5 Jon Hardy. Jon was a foundation player for the club and played 54 games for the Raiders from 1982-1985. He was named the club's first player of the year winner in the 1982 debut season. He will blow the Viking Horn to start the Viking Clap just before kick-off.
Every round at GIO Stadium Canberra, Raiders members are at the forefront of game-day activations, competitions, and giveaways.
In 2021, members will continue to receive a 10% discount on all food and merchandise at GIO Stadium Canberra on game day. Simply present your membership card on purchase to receive your discount.
Due to COVID restrictions at GIO Stadium, there will be no members lounge activities this season. Entry to the West Lounge will be granted to patrons who have a membership or ticket in the Meninga Grandstand only.
Pre-Game Matches and Entertainment
The first on-field mach of the day kicks off at 5.30pm, when the UC Stars take on the Goulburn City Buldogs in the Katrina Fanning Shield (KFS). This is the Canberra regions premier women's rugby league competition.
Raiders mini-footy is back this week, with the Young Cherrypickers, Queanbeyan Kangaroos, Wagga Kangaroos and Hay Magpies all competing.
The McDonald’s game day dance performance will also take place with Elite Dance Studio performing, while Cam and Ben will preview the match before kick-off.
Re-Align Performance will also be giving away 100 seat cushions on game day, so check your seat when you arrive at GIO Stadium!
Half-time entertainment/In-game entertainment
Matchday Sponsor ActewAGL will be be holding the "beat the chill" competition. Keep an eye on the field at halftime to see more.
The Raiders will also be honouring the club's SG Ball side, who recently won the under 19's competition by defeating the Illawarra Steelers.
The ever-popular Maccas Powerplay will be in action; if the Raiders score in the allocated five-minute period, attending members and fans will receive 2 for 1 McValue meals at participating ACT stores. Simply show your match day ticket or 2021 membership card to redeem (Terms and Conditions apply). Please note 2021 members who can’t attend are still eligible to receive this promotion.
At halftime we’ll have the Duxton Dance Cam, so stay in your seat and get ready to move and groove during the halftime break.
Fans Choice Zango SMS Man of the Match
This season, fans at GIO Stadium Canberra will have the opportunity to vote on the man of the match each round thanks to Zango. Keep an eye out on the big screen on match day for details on how you can vote and possibly win a prize.
Denman Prospect supporting Homes for Home Charity
Once again in 2021 Denman Prospect will be proudly supporting the Homes for Homes charity. Each point scored by the Raiders at home games equals a $100 donation!
Visit homesforhomes.org.au for more information
Food and Beverage
Selected food and beverage outlets will be open around the ground from when gates open.
Don't forget, Raiders members receive 10% off food at GIO Stadium Canberra thanks to GEMA Catering.
Raiders Shop will be at GIO Stadium this Saturday with outlets on the Western Forecourt and South Concourse.
Both outlets will open at 5.20pm and close at the end of halftime of the main game (approximately 8.30pm).
2021 members receive 10% off their purchases, upon presenting their membership card.
You can buy merchandise now via www.raidersshop.com.au
Play NRL Rewards
Registered CRRL participants will receive an email from PlayNRL Rewards outlining the process to redeem one (1) free ticket.
Please note not all home games are available and there is a limit of 700 redemption tickets at GIO Stadium Canberra for Round 11.
To contact PlayNRL Rewards for additional support and queries CLICK HERE.
GIO Stadium Canberra has been granted an exemption to have 100% capacity for outdoor seating at matches. There are still a number of important restrictions and rules in place for attending matches.
Updates to the ACT Public Health Direction
For current COVID-19 travel alerts for people entering the ACT, please visit covid-19.act.gov.au.
Things to know before you arrive:
You are the primary ticket purchaser and are responsible for providing the contact details of all other ticketholders if required. By purchasing or redeeming ticket(s), you acknowledge you understand the requirement for all ticketholders to adhere to ACT COVID-19 health directions.
- Stay home if you are unwell or showing symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and a runny or blocked nose
- Please note that you will be sitting next to other patrons at the venue. Patrons must remain in allocated seats during the match for the purpose of contact tracing
- To apply physical distancing when entering the venue, please ensure each ticket holder in your group has their own mobile ticket on their own device. Ensure it is downloaded and/or printed before arriving.
- Patrons using mobile tickets to share any mobile tickets with your group via the Ticketek App. For Information on how to access your mobile ticket through your mobile device please visit: Mobile Ticket Info Guide
- Patrons using ezyTickets ensure you have either printed your own ezyTicket or have it ready to scan from your device
- PLEASE NOTE THE FULL LIST OF PERMITTED ITEMS HERE.- INCLUDING ALLOWABLE BAGS.
Things to know at the event:
- Maintain physical distance where possible, particularly when queuing for entry, food/drinks and bathrooms
- Cooperate with venue staff directives
- Practice good hand and respiratory hygiene – wash or sanitise your hands regularly and when you cough/sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow.
Temporary Conditions of Entry due to COVID-19
- To assist with contact tracing, all patrons are encouraged to install the Check in CBR App before entering the venue.
- In addition to the venue’s usual Conditions of Entry, additional temporary conditions are in place as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- All attendees must have a ticket, including babies and children under the age of five
- For easier access, patrons are asked to enter through the gate provided on their ticket; there will be restrictions in movement around the inner bowl.
- Patrons will have a reserved seat and must remain in that designated seat, even in wet weather. Tickets will show a Bay, Row and Seat number
- Return to your seat after a food or bathroom break so queues can be managed in a COVID Safe way
- You may be asked to verify your identity against your ticket.
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
- All bags are subject to inspection to verify permissible items
Clear, see-through bags are permitted for entry subject to inspections if the contents cannot be clearly seen
- You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification by security at the time of entry - this includes items in clear, see-through bags.
- At the time of entry, patrons are permitted to carry essential items:
- either in your hand or pockets
- in clear, see-through bags, where items can be easily verified
- in a small purse- the size restriction of 20cm x 15cm applies
- including individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar
including one sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle and up to 1L in size
- including items such as nappies, wipes, and formula for infants
- including one blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security
- One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length
- Umbrellas can be used but must not interfere with other people’s viewing.
What can’t I bring into GIO Stadium?
- Eskies and cooler bags
- Any musical instruments, such as horns, trumpets, vuvuzelas, etc, without prior written consent
- Professional filming equipment
- Any signage or posters without prior approval
- Balls of any kind
- Jackets or items of clothing must not be placed in clear, see-through bags, as contents must be easily verified. Please wear (preferred) or carry items.
Will there be food outlets open for service?
- All food and beverage outlets will be open. Please practice physical distancing where possible and be courteous to fellow attendees and follow direction from all staff
- Avoid large crowds during the break, time your food or drink purchases for periods when there are fewer people queues
Corporate guests are subject to the above terms and conditions for entry. In addition to this:
- All corporate guests must provide their name and contact phone number when entering the corporate area
- The corporate dress code will be applicable
- The corporate areas meet current guidelines of 1:2sqm spacing.
Be COVID Safe on public transport while travelling to and from the match.
Travelling by personal vehicle
- Limited parking is available at the GIO Stadium car parks with payment by cash only. Get in early as the car parks are likely to fill up quickly
- Overflow parking is available from 12pm at the University of Canberra accessed via College St and buses will have some capacity to pick up on College St which is a 20-minute walk to/from the stadium. Please consider car-pooling to alleviate traffic congestion as parking will be limited.
- Some general road closures and managed access arrangements will apply in the GIO Stadium precinct on the day.
- Parking officers will be active in the precinct during the event and drivers are reminded to park legally and safely. Please be mindful and respectful of residents who live nearby.
- Patrons are reminded to practice physical distancing while attending fixtures particularly when entering and exiting the venue
- Please CLICK HERE for parking details.
- Patrons in West Corporate areas or seated in the West Grandstand (Bays 7-15), North Terrace (Bays 16-21), South Terrace (Bays 1-6) and Inner Bowl (Bays 77-79 & 50-61) are asked to park in the West car park and enter through the West Gate;
- Patrons in East Corporate areas or seated in the East Grandstand (Bays 22-32) and Inner Bowl (Bays 62-76) are asked to park in the East car park and enter through the East gate
Travelling by bus
- Please check the transport page for the final bus schedule
- Patrons are asked to physical distance when using public transport.
Travelling by Taxi / Rideshare services
- A designated drop off and pick-up area will be available on Leverrier St in front of the AIS Visitors centre or AIS Arena on the WEST side of the stadium
- For Rideshare services use ‘AIS Arena’ or ‘AIS Visitors Centre’ as your destination and pick up location, please do not use ‘GIO Stadium’
- Please adhere to physical distancing when queuing for taxis or rideshare services.
Further event and venue information can be found here.
Accommodation - Book now with the Canberra Rex Hotel
The Canberra Raiders have partnered with the Canberra Rex Hotel for the 2021 season.
A convenient central location, with easy access to national attractions, shopping, restaurants and business precedents make the Rex Hotel the obvious choice.
Book now to enjoy everything the Rex has to offer, as part of your match day experience.
Location: 150 Northbourne Avenue Canberra City, ACT 2612
Phone: 02 6248 5311
Watching the Match
If you can’t make it to GIO Stadium there are options available.
The NRL match is live on Fox League Channel 502.
You can also watch the match live on KAYO.
Overseas fans can watch via Watch NRL
Updates from the matches will be on the Raiders' Twitter. Make sure you are also following us on Facebook and Instagram for heaps of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the match.
Listening to the Match
In 2021 there are more ways to listen. You can tune into any of the following call teams on your game day.
Raiders on Mix – Mix106.3 FM
Radio 2CC – 1206 AM
ABC Grandstand – 666 ABC AM
Additional Membership Information
Any current members with enquiries on the day can visit the membership booth at either the East or West ticket boxes.
Membership Ticketing Replacement:
Tickets will not be able to be printed off at the Membership booths. Members can print their tickets at home or access on their smart devices by logging into their membership account.
Game Day Feedback:
Should you have any feedback from the game, please contact our staff during business hours on 02 6253 3515 or email email@example.com
Further Membership information can be found on our website: raiders.com.au/membership