Canberra Region Rugby League has developed a 2022-2025 wheelchair rugby league strategic plan to lead the inclusion program in Canberra and surrounding regions, including southern NSW.
The plan was formed with the direction from the Canberra Region Wheelchair Rugby League (CRWRL) sub-committee, who steer the overall plan.
Throughout this process the CRWRL’s mission has been the primary focus, with the commitment to connect and educate the wider community of the physical, mental and social benefits of being involved in the wheelchair rugby league program.
In delivering this mission, we remain committed to our values of inclusion, integrity, respect, excellence and adaptability, which form the foundation of every decision we make.
This strategic plan, one of the first for our adaptive all-inclusive sport, is vital in ensuring the ongoing development and growth of wheelchair rugby league in Australia.
This overall plan provides the platform for the CRWRL program and its participants to recognise some major achievements for the adaptive sport in the region, whilst capitalising on the collaborative approach in which this strategy has been developed.
WE ARE ALL-INCLUSIVE
To be recognised as an all-inclusive sport for all to participate, compete and socialise in, with people of all abilities, personal backgrounds and skills - to be involved in a fun, active and healthy environment.
WE ARE COMMITTED
To educate our community and promote the physical and mental benefits of participating in our adaptive all-inclusive sport. Our sport provides pathways for participants to represent their respective region and contribute to making Wheelchair Rugby League a global sport.
- Participation – develop a love for our game, by providing playing and volunteering opportunities, and sharing the lifestyle benefits
- Competition – deliver and facilitate high quality, exciting and relevant competitions and events
- Promotion – engage stakeholders to create opportunities and harness latent interest by promoting our growing game in the Canberra region and southern NSW
- Talent – create a supportive environment for our high performance athletes and staff to achieve national and international success
- Community – support the broader local community by providing healthy, social and active opportunities for people to engage, participate and be involved in