Canberra Raiders Hall of Fame
In 2019 the Canberra Raiders announced a new Hall of Fame, to recognise past players, coaches and individuals who have contributed significantly to the club.
Coinciding with the 30th anniversary of the club’s maiden premiership in 1989, 13 players and former Coach Tim Sheens were inducted as the first members of the Canberra Raiders Hall of Fame at the 2019 Season Launch.
The Raiders will induct three more members into the Hall of Fame mid-season, when they hold their inaugural and annual Hall of Fame gala event on July 19, the night before they play the Tigers at GIO Stadium.
Raiders Hall of Fame Categories
· Individuals who have competed in First Grade (e.g. NRL) for the Raiders in no less than 50 matches;
· Individuals who have achieved outstanding feats on and/or off the field throughout their playing career at the Raiders;
· Significance of their playing career to Raiders/CDRL/Monaro paramount;
· Individual must be retired five (5) years or more from competing in a professional sporting competition.
· Individuals that have coached at First Grade (e.g. NRL) level for the Raiders in no less than 50 matches;
· Individuals who have achieved outstanding consistent success on and/or off the field throughout their coaching career at the Raiders;
· Individual may be nominated and inducted at any stage of professional or post-career.
· Individuals that have officiated in First Grade (e.g. NRL), graduating from CDRL, and displayed fairness and integrity consistently throughout their career;
· Individual must be retired three (3) years from officiating in the elite rugby league competition in Australia
· Individuals that have been employed by the Raiders for no less than 10 combined years of service;
· Individuals that have contributed significantly to the growth, popularity and prosperity of the Raiders and/or CDRL;
· Individual must have contributed significantly at an organisational level in fields other than Player, Coach or Referee;
· Individual may be nominated and inducted at any stage of their professional or post-career.
Nomination and Selection
· Hall of Fame Nominations can only be made via Raiders Board of Director Members;
· The selection of annual Hall of Fame Inductees is determined by Raiders Group Senior Management;
· With the exception of Raiders NRL Premiership winning players, on an annual basis a maximum of 4 inductions can be made per season;
· Selected inductees recognised via presentation of Club Watch (for their timeless contribution to the Club) and Hall of Fame Citation Plaque;
· Inductees acknowledged via display online and at the new CDRL Centre in Braddon.