Congratulations to Kurt Baptiste on being selected as the starting hooker for the Queensland Residents team which has been named to take on the New South Wales Cup representative side at Suncorp Stadium on July 9.
Baptiste has been outstanding for the Souths Logan Magpies this year and his form was rewarded on when he was chosen to make his NRL debut for the Raiders against the Wests Tigers on Saturday evening.
The 23 year old was impressive in his debut in lime green with his sharp service from dummy half and playmaking nous enhancing the Raiders play in his brief cameo on the field.
Last year, the NSW side triumphed 22-18 in Sydney and Baptiste will no doubt be a pivotal figure for the Maroons in their quest to reclaim interstate honours.
The full team is:
1. Henare Wells (Burleigh Bears)
2. Javid Bowen (Northern Pride)
3. Aaron Whitchurch (Redcliffe Dolphins)
4. Davin Crampton (Northern Pride)
5. Kalifa Faifai Loa (Tweed Heads Seagulls)
6. Shaun Nona (Northern Pride)
7. Todd Murphy (Norths Devils)
8. Sam Hoare (Mackay Cutters)
9. Kurt Baptiste (Souths Logan Magpies)
10. Tim Natusch (Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
11. Keiron Lander (Ipswich Jets)
12. Tim Glasby (Easts Tigers)
13. Ben Spina (Northern Pride)
14. Felise Kaufusi (Easts Tigers)
15. Blake Leary (Northern Pride)
16. Rod Griffin (Ipswich Jets)
17. Tom Kingston (Tweed Heads Seagulls)
18. Ben Cronin (Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
Coach: Jason Demetriou (Northern Pride)
Note: PNG Hunters players are ineligible for Queensland Residents selection. This follows a mutual agreement between the Hunters and the QRL, which took into consideration the extensive national programs already provided in PNG.