Raiders receive highest representation in VB NSW Cup rep team
The Canberra Raiders / Mounties have received the highest representation in the VB NSW Cup representative team which will face the Queensland Residents prior to game three of the Holden State of Origin series in Brisbane on Wednesday 9th of July.
Jack Ahearn, Mitch Cornish, Jake Foster and Mark Nicholls have all been selected to don the famous sky blue of NSW as a reward for their superb form for Mounties this year.
Mounties is currently placed at fifth spot on the ladder and ranked as the second best attacking team in the competition.
Ahearn and Cornish will form a potent halves combination that is set to severely trouble the Queensland defensive structure, whilst Foster will start in the second row on Cornish's edge, a partnership that has been particularly fruitful for Mounties this year. Utility forward Mark Nicholls will take his place on the interchange bench.
The talented quartet will come up against Raiders team mate Kurt Baptiste who has been selected as the starting hooker for the Queensland Residents side.
CLICK HERE to see the Queensland Residents side.
The full VB NSW Cup representative side is:
1. Clinton Gutherson - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
2. Chanel Mata’utia - Newcastle Knights
3. Isaah Yeo - Penrith Panthers
4. Waqa Blake - Penrith Panthers
5. Nathan Stapleton - Newtown Jets / Sydney Roosters
6. Jack Ahearn - Mounties / Canberra Raiders
7. Mitch Cornish - Mounties / Canberra Raiders
8. Sam Anderson - Penrith Panthers
9. Mitch Williams - Wyong Roos
10. Jack Buchanan - Wests Tigers
11. Lachlan Burr - Canterbury Bulldogs
12. Jake Foster - Mounties / Canberra Raiders
13. Tim Robinson - Cronulla Sharks
14. Tyler Randell - Newcastle Knights
15. Willis Meehan - Newtown Jets / Sydney Roosters
16. Mark Nicholls - Mounties / Canberra Raiders
17. Nathan Brown - Wests Tigers
COACH: Jason Taylor – Sydney Roosters
MANAGER: - Brett McKenna