Six former Canberra Raiders players have been selected in the Canberra Region Rugby League Open Representative team that will compete in the upcoming Country Championships.
Marc Herbert, David Howell, Mick Picker, Joe Picker, Trevor Thurling and Lincoln Withers will all provide invaluable experience and talent to the side, which will also be coached by former Raiders Captain Simon Woolford.
The sextet possesses a massive 533 NRL games and 243 Super League games between them.
Woolford has declared that the side is a “massive chance” of taking out this year’s title and praised the contribution of the aforementioned six players in enhancing the local Canberra competition, the TTM Canberra Raiders Cup.
"It's great to see so many former NRL players back playing with their junior clubs and putting back into the local comp,” Woolford said.
The team will travel to Forster on the NSW North Coast on Saturday the 23rd of May for their first game.
The full team is as follows:
1. Tom Ruediger Queanbeyan Blues
2. Junior Vatikani Goulburn Workers Bulldogs
3. Tyler Stevens Queanbeyan Blues
4. Codie Medway Goulburn Workers Bulldogs
5. David Howell Gungahlin Bulls
6. Michael Picker Goulburn Workers Bulldogs
7. Marc Herbert (c) Queanbeyan Blues
8. Sam Conlon Goulburn Workers Bulldogs
9. Ben Picker Goulburn Workers Bulldogs
10. Aaron McInnes Queanbeyan Blues
11. Joe Picker Goulburn Workers Bulldogs
12. Trevor Thurling Queanbeyan Blues
13. Blake Hewitt Goulburn Workers Bulldogs
14. Lincoln Withers Gungahlin Bulls
15. Josh Ayers Gungahlin Bulls
16. Elijah Ngata Queanbeyan Blues
17. Michael Cullen Queanbeyan Blues
18. Chris Thorley Gunghalin Bulls
Coach Simon Woolford