By the Numbers: Raiders v Knights
A hip injury in the second half didn't stop Josh Papalii from playing an instrumental role in the Raiders comeback from 22 points down to beat the Knights in golden point. Papalii charged for 189 metres and was a constant menace to the Knights defence especially when the game was on the line.
Luke Bateman provided valuable impact off the bench, making 35 tackles and running for 107 metres. Junior Paulo also had his best game in Raiders colours, running for 142 metres from 13 hit-ups.
Captain Jarrod Croker was again one of the Raiders best on the field, scoring two extremely valuable tries and slotting a perfect three from three conversions.
- Josh Papalii – 189m
- Jack Wighton - 162m
- Junior Paulo – 142m
- Elliot Whitehead - 56
- Luke Bateman - 35
- Shaun Fensom - 33
Second Phase Play
- Josh Papalii – 2 offloads
- Jack Wighton, Joey Leilua, Aidan Sezer, Josh Hodgson, Elliott Whitehead, Joseph Tapine – 1 offload
The Raiders had 8 offloads, while the Knights registered 15.
- Jarrod Croker – 2 linebreaks, 7 tackle busts
- Blake Austin – 1 linebreak, 5 tackle busts
- Jack Wighton – 6 tackle busts
Both teams registered three linebreaks.
- Aidan Sezer had 9 kicks for 245 metres
- Blake Austin had 4 kicks for 174 metres
- Jack Wighton had 2 kicks for 46 metres
Both teams had a 50% share of possession.
The Raiders completed 31 of 38 sets. The Knights completed 32 of 38 sets.
The Raiders made 7 errors, while the Knights made 4.
The Raiders had 1 line dropout, while the Knights registered 2.
The Raiders missed 23 tackles, while the Knights missed 31.
The Raiders conceded 7 penalties, while the Knights also conceded 7.
*Statistics provided by ProZone Sports.
Post Match Coverage