The Raiders right edge pairing of Joey Leilua and Jordan Rapana ran rampant yesterday in the Raiders massive 54-4 victory over the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
The pair combined for three tries, three try assists, four linebreaks and a huge 14 tackle busts. Leilua also showed his creativity with a deft grubber for Rapana just before half-time that caught the Rabbitohs defence napping.
Elliott Whitehead enjoyed one of his best games to date for the Raiders, running for 156 metres, scoring two tries and making an equal team-high 30 tackles.
Point-scoring machine Jarrod Croker added another 18 points to bring his tally for the season to 216, only 20 points behind his previous season's best of 236 recorded last year. Croker is well on track to beat Clinton Schifcofske's club record of 245 points in a season.
- Joey Leilua - 174m
- Elliott Whitehead - 156m
- Luke Bateman - 153m
- Josh Hodgson, Elliott Whitehead - 30
- Josh Papalii - 25
- Shannon Boyd - 18
- Jordan Rapana – 2 try assists
- Joey Leilua – 1 try assist, 2 linebreak assists
- Aidan Sezer, Josh Hodgson, Josh Papalii – 1 try assist
Second Phase Play
- Junior Paulo - 3 offloads
- Josh Hodgson - 2 offloads
- Jack Wighton, Aidan Sezer, Blake Austin, Josh Papalii, Joe Tapine – 1 offload
The Raiders registered 13 offloads, while the Rabbitohs registered 9.
- Jordan Rapana - 3 linebreaks, 6 tackle busts
- Jarrod Croker – 2 linebreaks, 8 tackle busts
- Joey Leilua - 1 linebreak, 8 tackle busts
The Raiders tallied 7 linebreaks in comparison to the Rabbitohs 3.
- Aidan Sezer had 8 kicks for 184 metres
- Blake Austin had 4 kicks for 115 metres
- Josh Hodgson had 4 kicks for 63 metres
The Raiders had 61% of possession, while the Rabbitohs had 39%.
The Raiders completed 33 of 38 (87%) sets. The Rabbitohs completed 19 of 27 (70%) sets.
The Raiders made 6 errors, while the Rabbitohs made 11.
The Raiders had 3 line dropouts. The Rabbitohs had 4.
The Raiders missed 16 tackles, while the Rabbitohs missed 23.
The Raiders conceded 3 penalties, while the Rabbitohs conceded 4.
*Statistics provided by ProZone Sports.
Post Match Coverage