By the Numbers: Raiders v Tigers
Josh Hodgson was at his brilliant best in the Raiders 52-10 victory over the Wests Tigers yesterday.
Hodgson killed off the Tigers slim finals chances in the first half, setting up two tries and scoring one himself. Hodgson also made one linebreak assist and had three kicks for 98 metres.
The duo of Joey Leilua and Jordan Rapana created plenty of havoc on the Raiders right edge, including Leilua setting up one of the tries of the season. Rapana ran for over 200 metres and scored two tries, while Leilua made five offloads and assisted two linebreaks.
The Raiders dominated possession - 57% to 43% - and also made six less errors than the Tigers. The errors cost the Tigers dearly, as they completed at just 59%.
1. Jordan Rapana - 206m
2. Jack Wighton - 164m
3. Joey Leilua - 154m
1. Elliott Whitehead - 34
2. Josh Hodgson - 24
3. Sia Soliola - 21
1. Josh Hodgson – 2 try assists, 1 linebreak assist
2. Joey Leilua – 1 try assist, 2 linebreak assists
3. Sia Soliola, Elliott Whitehead, Sam Williams – 1 try assist
Second Phase Play
1. Joey Leilua - 5 offloads
2. Josh Papalii – 2 offloads
3. Joe Tapine, Jack Wighton, Edrick Lee, Aidan Sezer – 1 offload
The Raiders registered 11 offloads, while the Tigers registered 6.
1. Jordan Rapana – 3 linebreaks, 6 tackle busts
2. Josh Papalii– 2 linebreak, 4 tackle busts
3. Kurt Baptiste – 1 linebreak, 2 tackle busts
The Raiders made 11 linebreaks, while the Tigers made 4.
1. Sam Williams had 4 kicks for 117 metres
2. Aidan Sezer had 5 kicks for 116 metres
3. Josh Hodgson had 3 kicks for 98 metres
The Raiders had 57% possession, while the Tigers had 43%.
The Raiders completed 29 of 36 (81%) sets. The Tigers completed 19 of 32 (59%) sets.
The Raiders made 8 errors, while the Tigers made 14.
Both sides had 0 line drop outs.
The Raiders missed 13 tackles, while the Tigers missed 36.
The Raiders conceded 11 penalties, while the Tigers conceded 6.
*Statistics provided by ProZone Sports.
Post Match Coverage