Game Day Guide: Raiders v Storm
Saturday, July 22, GIO Stadium Canberra
Gates Open: 3.00pm
NYC Raiders v Storm: 3.15pm
NRL Raiders v Storm: 5.30pm
Tickets to the match are available from Ticketek
Match Day Sponsor
The Match Day Sponsor is McDonalds ACT. Purchase a green wig from the East or West Forecourts for $10. Funds will go to the Ronald McDonald House Canberra.
Thanks to McDonald's ACT there will also be a DOUBLE Maccas Powerplay this weekend, which means if the Powerplay is unsuccessful in the first half, it will run again in the second half!
Match Day Charity
The match day charity is the Ronald McDonald House Canberra. Purchase one fo the green wigs to show your support. Wigs are available in the West and East Forecourt for $10 each (Limited supply only)
ITP Fan Banner Competition
One of the Raiders Sponsors ITP – The Income Tax Professionals will be handing out new Raiders Fan Banners on the weekend. You can win two tickets into the ITP Box for the next home game by simply posting a photo holding one of the banners on the Raiders Facebook Post on Game day! Simply LIKE the Raiders Facebook Page and post on game day!
Here's a photo of last week’s Winner, who’s scored an upgrade to the ITP Box this weekend.
The Viking Clap is back pre-game this weekend, with Former Jillaroos Captain and Women in League Ambassador Katrina Fanning this weeks Viking Ambassador.
Katrina has held a long and distinguished career in rugby league both on and off the field and we're delighted to have her onboard this weekend. Some of her achievements include:
· 24 tests for the Jilllaroos including the inaugural test in 1995
· 14 season senior football, 3 in juniors with Junee Diesels
· 5 years coaching including three captain/coach premierships
· Previous President of Australian Women’s Rugby League and Canberra Women’s Rugby League
· Member of the Australian Rugby League Indigenous Council
· Manager of the Indigenous Women’s All-Stars team – 5 years
· One season in Auckland for the Richmond Roses
Service to the community
· Foster Parent
· Founder of the Indigenous Showcase at the National Multicultural Festival
· Board Member of Marymead
· Volunteer with not for profit services in homelessness and Family Violence areas
Viking Ambassadors so far in 2017
Round Two: Alan Tongue
Round Three: Jason Croker
Round Five: Jay Hoffman
Round Seven: Monsignor John Woods (Raiders Chaplain)
Round Eight: Chris Seed (New Zealand High Commissioner)
Round Twelve: Dennis Richardson (Retired Secretary of Department of Defence)
Round Sixteen: Gary Belcher
Round Seventeen: Michael Robertson
Round Nineteen: Bronnie Taylor (NSW MLC)
There will be lots happening in the members lounge on Saturday, located in the west grandstand.
Members can enter their details in the Lounge from gates open until kick-off for a chance to be upgraded with three mates at the next Raiders home game thanks to both Huawei and Dare. The Huawei upgrade winner will be the Viking VIP at Round 24 v Panthers
- Accessible from Gates Open (3.00pm)
- Ladies Pamper Stations set up for the day!
- Please note the Northern Lounge will be unavailable this weekend as there is a private function being held in this area. The Southern end of the members lounge will still be accessible.
- Members can enter their details in the Lounge until kick-off for a chance to be upgraded with 3 mates at the next Raiders home game thanks to both Huawei and Dare. Huawei upgrade winner will be the Viking VIP at Round 25 v Panthers on Sunday 20th August.
- Local businesses providing samples, vouchers and freebies for female members
- Austbrokers Canberra Spin & Win at 4.30pm – Members chance to win $50,000. This weeks spinner is Susan Stocklmayer
- Snack foods available to purchase (10% discount for members)
- Member happy hour rates upon presentation of card for drinks: 4.30pm – 5.00pm
- FREE pool tables & Foosball
- Live music until kick off by local artist, Ryan Treddinick
Food and Beverage
Food and beverage outlets will be open around the ground from gates open.
Don't forget, Raiders members receive 10% off food at GIO Stadium.
There will be three merchandise outlets at GIO Stadium on Sunday, full of the latest Raiders merchandise to show your support for the team! The outlets are located in the East and West forecourts, and also in the East concourse.
Raiders members receive 20% off merchandise at GIO Stadium! www.raidersshop.com.au
Getting to GIO Stadium
Public transport will be the best and easiest option to travel to and from GIO Stadium on Friday. There are free charted buses departing regularly from Woden, Tuggeranong, Belconnen, City and Gungahlin Bus Stations.
Charter buses will commence return travel to the above bus stations approximately 20 minutes after the game.
Parking is available at GIO Stadium on the East and West of the stadium at a cost of $7 per car. Parking is likely to fill up before kick-off, so again we are encouraging fans to arrive early and consider public transport.
Some general road closures and managed access arrangements will apply in the GIO Stadium precinct on the day. Modified traffic arrangements will commence two hours before the start of the game and during the game, and will continue for up to one hour once the game concludes. These will be implemented on Haydon Drive, Battye Street, Braybrooke Street and Masterman Street in Bruce.
A temporary taxi rank will be in service outside the main entrance (West) to GIO Stadium during event times. Community drop-off points are located out the front of the AIS arena.
Watching the Match
If you can’t make it to GIO Stadium there are options available.
The NRL match is live on Fox Sports Channel 502. NYC is not televised. There is also the NRL Digital Pass available to watch the match.
Membership Enquiries: All individuals who have membership enquiries can visit our Membership marquee outside the West Gate
Membership Ticketing Replacement: All members who have misplaced/lost their membership card can visit the Membership/Ticket Collection window located at the West Gate. Proof of identification will be needed to print off replacement tickets for the day.
Membership Complaints: Should any members have a game day complaint they can visit the Membership/Ticket Collection window at the West Gate. Any post-match complaints contact our Membership and Ticketing Manager, Angela Denton, on 6253 3515 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ticket Collection: All ticket collections guaranteed for corporate/members from the Membership/Ticket Collection booth at both the East and West Gate. Ticket collections close at half-time of the NRL game.
Non-Member ticketing via Ticketek: www.ticketek.com.au Game Day: Ticket booths at West/East Gates.