You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Kangaroos secure finals football

The Queanbeyan Kangaroos became the final side to secure their finals berth with a 44-12 win over the Tuggeranong Bushrangers at Seears Workwear Oval.

The Queanbeyan Kangaroos took the lead after five minutes when Jeremiah Simbiken forced his way over the line.

From that moment the game turned into an arm wrestle as both sides tried to exert their authority over the match. The Bushrangers had their chances but the Kangaroos defence held firm.

Fonua Tonga doubled the Kangaroos tally when he steamrolled over the top of Tristan Eldridge to score.

The Queanbeyan side continued to stamp their authority over the match and managed another two tries before the break courtesy of Bryan Cronan and Josh Ayers to extend their lead to 20-0.

The Kangaroos continued where they left off as Fonua Tonga scored his second six minutes after the break.

The Queanbeyan side continued their try scoring ways as Jordan Bradley crashed over which was followed by a try to Travis Robinson.

Fonua Tonga secured his hattrick for the Queanbeyan side to bring up a 38-0 lead.

The Bushrangers scored their first points of the game as Josh Mitchell made a break from dummy half before passing to the supporting Jayden Pollard who scored.

Tuggeranong quickly set up another try as Pollard turned creator with an unorthodox kick for Robert Sheffield.

The Kangaroos finished off the game with a Kaine Pagura try as they claimed a 44-12 win.

The result means that the Bushrangers miss the chance to secure the minor premiership but could still claim the shield if results go their way or claim a win next weekend.

Acknowledgement of Country

Canberra Raiders respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.