You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Blues book place in grand final

The Queanbeyan Blues are the first team to book their place in the Grand Final after defeating the Tuggeranong Bushrangers 32-18 at Seiffert Oval on Sunday afternoon.

The Blues scored the first try of the match seven minutes in after Josh Stuckey spotted a gap and sprinted through untouched.

The Bushrangers hit back through Nathan Smith, who picked up the ball from dummy-half and barged his way over the line.

Josh Stuckey doubled his try tally for the match after latching onto a perfect pass from Terry Campese to put the Blues back in front.

Tuggeranong got one back just before half time of play as centre Drury Low crossed over in the corner to score, with Josh Mitchell converting it to lock scores up.

In the last minute of play, a penalty to the Blues allowed Campese an easy kick at goal to send the minor premiers into the sheds with a 14-12 lead.

The Bushrangers got on the front foot in the second half, with fullback Michael Brophy finding a gap after a right footed step to give Tuggeranong the lead for the first time in the game.

The Blues took the lead back 15 minutes later as Michael Cullen spun past the defenders and bowled his way over the line.

With eight minutes to go the Blues as Aidan Woods pushed his way over to give them a bigger lead, yet during the celebrations push and shove broke out between the two sides which saw a player each being sent off for the remainder of the match.

The win was sealed as Jake Wheeler spun his way through the Tuggeranong defence and crashed his way over.

The Blues will enjoy a week off before the big dance, while the Tuggeranong Bushrangers will now face the Goulburn Workers Bulldogs in Gungahlin next week for the remaining spot in the Grand Final.

Queanbeyan Blues 32 (Tries: 2 J Stuckey, M Cullen, A Woods, J Wheeler. Goals: T Campese 6) d Tuggeranong Bushrangers 18 (Tries: N Smith, D Low, M Brophy. Goals: J Mitchell 3


Article written by Michael Caruana