You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Blumers Lawyers CRC Semi Final Wrap

The Queanbeyan Blues became the first side to book a place in the Grand Final, while the Bulldogs ran out big winners in Goulburn.

Queanbeyan Blues 32 (Tries: 2 J Stuckey, M Cullen, A Woods, J Wheeler. Goals: T Campese 6) d Tuggeranong Bushrangers 18 (Tries: N Smith, D Low, M Brophy. Goals: J Mitchell 3)

The Queanbeyan Blues are the first team to book their place in the Grand Final after defeating the Tuggeranong Bushrangers 32-18 at Seiffert Oval on Sunday afternoon.

The Blues scored the first try of the match seven minutes in after Josh Stuckey spotted a gap and sprinted through untouched.

The Bushrangers hit back through Nathan Smith, who picked up the ball from dummy-half and barged his way over the line.

Josh Stuckey doubled his try tally for the match after latching onto a perfect pass from Terry Campese to put the Blues back in front.

Tuggeranong got one back just before half time of play as centre Drury Low crossed over in the corner to score, with Josh Mitchell converting it to lock scores up.

In the last minute of play, a penalty to the Blues allowed Campese an easy kick at goal to send the minor premiers into the sheds with a 14-12 lead.

The Bushrangers got on the front foot in the second half, with fullback Michael Brophy finding a gap after a right footed step to give Tuggeranong the lead for the first time in the game.

The Blues took the lead back 15 minutes later as Michael Cullen spun past the defenders and bowled his way over the line.

With eight minutes to go the Blues as Aidan Woods pushed his way over to give them a bigger lead, yet during the celebrations push and shove broke out between the two sides which saw a player each being sent off for the remainder of the match.

The win was sealed as Jake Wheeler spun his way through the Tuggeranong defence and crashed his way over.

The Blues will enjoy a week off before the big dance, while the Tuggeranong Bushrangers will now face the Goulburn Workers Bulldogs in Gungahlin next week for the remaining spot in the Grand Final.

Goulburn Workers Bulldogs 42 (Tries: S Cummins 2, C Hart, M Cornish, T Greenwood, D Rota, R Fonoti, I Tittor; Goals: C Hart 5) d Queanbeyan Kangaroos 12 (Tries: K Pagura, N Ngere; Goals: T Whiley 2)

The Goulburn Workers Bulldogs have booked their place in next week’s preliminary final in style after dispatching the Queanbeyan Kangaroos 42-12 at Workers Arena on Saturday afternoon.

The Bulldogs hit the front foot early after a Mitch Cornish 40/20 set up a perfect attack position for the home side, with the kicker finding a gap in the Roos defence to give his team an early 6-0 lead.

The Bulldogs were in again nine minutes later after a Tyler Cornish flick pass found its way to winger Steve Cummins who dived over in style.

It only got worse for the Kangaroos, with forward Josh Ayers being sent from the field for the rest of the match, leaving the away side with 12 men for the remaining 65 minutes.

The Cornish brothers kept running the show, with a lovely chip from Mitch bouncing up perfectly for Cummins, whose pass got knocked down by a Roos defender only to dribble into the goal area and be grounded by Chris Hart.

The local crowd continued to cheer on as Bulldogs forward Raeden Fonoti barged his way over the line right in-between the sticks to further their lead.

Tyson Greenwood helped the Bulldogs continue to pile on the score after diving over untouched right underneath the framework.

With three minutes left in the half, a run from Mitch Cornish found a pass to brother Nic, who laid another pass off to Izzy Tittor who strolled over the try line for the Bulldogs sixth try of the match and head to the sheds with a 32-0 lead.

The Bulldogs continued their form into the second half, with a one handed offload from Chris Hart making its way to Cummins who crossed for his second of the day.

With 18 minutes remaining, Roos forwards Nukurua Ngere barged his way over to score a consolation try for the away side and reduce the deficit.

The Roos got a second on the board thanks to fullback Kaine Pagura after spotting a gap down the left wing, scoring his 19th try of the season.

A perfectly timed grubber kick from Tyler Cornish caught a tired Queanbeyan defence off guard as Dylan Rota pounced onto the ball to score and wrap up the match.

The Goulburn Workers Bulldogs will head to Gungahlin next week to face the Tuggeranong Bushrangers for a spot in the Grand Final, while the loss brings the Queanbeyan Kangaroos season to an end.


Acknowledgement of Country

Canberra Raiders respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.