The Canberra Raiders will run out for their first Grand Final appearance since 1994 when they take on the Sydney Roosters in the 2019 Grand Final at ANZ Stadium this Sunday night. The Raiders will be hoping to win the club’s fourth ever premiership, their first in 25 years.
Unfortunately, not everyone can attend the game in Sydney, so Raiders Belconnen and the ACT Government have teamed up to deliver the next best site to watch the game on the big screen with other passionate rugby league fans.
RAIDERS BELCONNEN LIVE GRAND FINAL SITE
WHERE: 155 Hardwick Crescent Holt ACT
WHEN: 5pm - 10pm, Sunday 6 October
This family friendly event has been established to bring the community together on the picturesque Raiders Belconnen Oval (opposite Kingsford Smith School). Venue Management will be selling food and beverages from the adjoining Club; however, attendees can bring their own picnic if they prefer.
This is a free event, with a gold coin requested upon entry to support the development of female rugby league in the ACT.
ACT Minister for Sport and Recreation, Yvette Berry MLA, encouraged local residents to gather in support of Canberra’s iconic sporting team.
“Canberra really is bleeding green for the Canberra Raiders and I can’t wait to cheer them on with everyone at the Raiders Belconnen Oval in Kippax,” Minister Berry said. “No matter the outcome, it’s been a great season for the Raiders and for their fans. They’ve done us proud.”
Getting to/from this event:
Please be patient and drive carefully in/around the precinct - traffic delays are expected. Please be aware that due to the size of this event taxi and rideshare services will likely see heavy demand, especially after the event.
Limited public parking is available at Raiders Belconnen, so you are advised to arrive early. Close by is parking bays at the Kingsford Smith School, Kippax Fair Shopping Center and nearby sporting fields. If parking in the surrounding area, please be respectful of residents
Parking inspectors may be active!
· Park legally
· Don’t park on nature strips
Dropping Off and Picking Up
Drop off and pick up areas are available outside the Raiders Belconnen Club.
Transport Canberra Bus – R2
Patrons are not permitted to bring the following items into Raiders Belconnen enclosed oval:
· Alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, glass, breakable/glass containers;
· Unmanned Aerial Devices / Drones;
· Opened or partially filled drink containers;
· Musical instruments, whistles or air horns;
· All animals except guiding, companion or hearing animals (Registration of the animal MUST be provided);
· Skateboards, scooters, roller blades, tricycles or bicycles;
· Recording devices (used for commercial purposes);
· Flags over 1m x 1m in size;
· Commercial, political, religious or offensive clothing, banners, logos or signage;
· Any items or goods for sale;
· Fireworks/flares/laser devices;
· Tents, sun shelters, beach tents and like products;
· Any device, instrument or object that, in the opinion of management, has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance. This includes but is not limited to weapons, knives, spray cans or compressed air canisters;
NOTE: For picnics, plastic utensils only will be allowed. Chairs/stools will be permitted in the designated seat assembly area. Picnic rugs are encouraged due to limited fixed seating on site and the anticipated large crowd.