Having collected all the votes from the McIntyre Medal tally, here is the 2019 Blumers Lawyers Canberra Raiders Cup Team of the Year.
To separate players on the same number of votes, the player in the side that finished highest on the ladder is included. If the two players are from the same team, the player who scored the most tries will be selected.
Players who were guilty of a charge throughout the course of the season are not eligible for this team.
Second Row: Josh Stuckey (11) & Keresoma (BJ) Sione (7)
It was a breakout season for Josh Stuckey as the Queanbeyan Blues second-rower easily accrued the most votes in his position.
The Monaro U23’s captain and Bradley Clyde Medalist was a consistent performer for the 2019 Premiers scoring 10 tries in 16 matches.
BJ Sione wasted little time settling back into the West Belconnen Warriors side after his off-season move from the Sharks.
The second-rower added plenty of strike to the Warriors outfit and started the season with a bang scoring five tries in six matches. Sione finished the season with seven tries as the Warriors finished the season in fifth place on the ladder.
Notable Mention: Jarrad Kennedy (6)
Team of the Year
1. Ryan McQueen (West Belconnen Warriors)
2. Kaine Pagura (Queanbeyan Kangaroos)
3. Tevita Aroha-Tuinauvai (Belconnen United Sharks)
4. Jake Wheeler (Queanbeyan Blues)
5. Connor Massen (Tuggeranong Bushrangers)
6. Mitchell Cornish (Goulburn Workers Bulldogs)
7. Nick Cornish (Goulburn Workers Bulldogs)
8. Aidan Woods (Queanbeyan Blues)
9. Josh Mitchell (Tuggeranong Bushrangers)
10. Jayden Baxter (Queanbeyan Kangaroos)
11. Josh Stuckey (Queanbeyan Blues)
12. BJ Sione (West Belconnen Warriors)