Having collected all the votes from the McIntyre Medal tally, here is the 2019 Blumers Lawyers Canberra Raiders Cup Team of the Year.
To separate players on the same number of votes, the player in the side that finished highest on the ladder is included. If the two players are from the same team, the player who scored the most tries will be selected.
Players who were guilty of a charge throughout the course of the season are not eligible for this team.
Bench: Bobby Roberts, Jarrad Kennedy, Troy Whiley, Josh Hitchins Coach: Jarrad Teka
The utility role was hotly contested but Bobby Roberts claimed the spot after a fantastic finish to year which saw him score seven tries in the last five matches of the season. The former McIntyre Medalist was consistently one of the Warriors most damaging players in his first season back with the club.
Jarrad Kennedy is the first forward picked after he had an excellent first season with the Tuggeranong Bushrangers where he proved solid in defence while scoring seven tries in the process. His experience and leadership was invaluable for the Bushrangers as they had another stellar year.
Queanbeyan Kangaroos veteran Troy Whiley continued his impressive performances in his 16th season of First Grade with the Queanbeyan Kangaroos. The captain scored one try for the season and his appetite for hard work saw him pick up six votes.
After making the switch from the Queanbeyan Kangaroos in the off season, Josh Hitchins played an integral role for the Blues as they won the 2019 Premiership. The prop scored six tries across the season and had plenty of impact either as a starter or from the bench.
Jarrad Teka is named coach after he won the Don Furner Senior Shield for Coach of the Year. Teka claimed the award after his fellow First Grade coaches voted at the conclusion of the regular season. Under Teka’s guidance, the Tuggeranong Bushrangers finished second on the ladder and fell just short of a second grand final appearance in two years.
Team of the Year
1. Ryan McQueen (West Belconnen Warriors)
2. Kaine Pagura (Queanbeyan Kangaroos)
3. Tevita Aroha-Tuinauvai (Belconnen United Sharks)
4. Jake Wheeler (Queanbeyan Blues)
5. Connor Massen (Tuggeranong Bushrangers)
6. Mitchell Cornish (Goulburn Workers Bulldogs)
7. Nick Cornish (Goulburn Workers Bulldogs)
8. Aidan Woods (Queanbeyan Blues)
9. Josh Mitchell (Tuggeranong Bushrangers)
10. Jayden Baxter (Queanbeyan Kangaroos)
11. Josh Stuckey (Queanbeyan Blues)
12. BJ Sione (West Belconnen Warriors)
13. Channon McAskill (Belconnen United Sharks)
14. Bobby Roberts (West Belconnen Warriors)
15. Jarrad Kennedy (Tuggeranong Bushrangers)
16. Troy Whiley (Queanbeyan Kangaroos)
17. Josh Hitchins (Queanbeyan Blues)
Coach: Jarrad Teka (Tuggeranong Bushrangers)