The Raiders return to GIO Stadium on Saturday night to take on the Melbourne Storm. There have been some updates to the regulations and protocols in attending this match so all members and fans are encouraged to read the Game Day Guide.
Saturday, July 11, GIO Stadium Canberra
Gates Open: 6.00pm
NRL – Raiders v Storm: 7.35pm
Tickets to the match are limited to 1500 and will are available for 2020 Canberra Raiders members only.
The Viking clap returns to GIO Stadium this weekend, with ACT ESA Commissioner Georgeina Whelan the round nine Viking Ambassador. Georgeina will be representing the local Emergency Services personal who assisted during this years Bushfire season and will sound the Viking Horn to bring out the team and kick off the Viking Clap on Saturday night.
2020 Viking Ambassadors
Round Nine: Georgeina Whelan (ACT ESA Commissioner)
Round Eight: John Barilaro (Deputy NSW Premier)
Round Six: Shaun Fensom (Raider #287)
Round Four: Terry Campese (Raider #242)
Round One: Andrew Constance (Member for Bega)
Members are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions for GIO Stadium entry and access before, during and post event.
• All attendees must have a ticket, including babies and children under the age of 5
• Ticket holders will be allocated to bay and row inside the stadium, and it will be the responsibility of the individuals to practise physical distancing within the row. Spectators may be seated in household or family groups but must otherwise observe physical distancing of 1.5metres between other spectators.
• Existing membership seats are not applicable as not all are included in the venue build for this event, due to post Covid-19 restrictions. Therefore, existing seating rights do not remain for current members
• Public tickets for this event are capped at 1500 for sale
- Members 10% Food Discount – make sure you have your membership card to receive this discount!
- Members 10% Merchandise Discount (Available through www.raidersshop.com.au only)
The McDonalds Powerplay continues this week for 2020 members. If the Raiders score in the allotted five-minute period, members and attending fans will receive 2 for 1 McValue meals at participating stores. Simply show your match day ticket or 2020 membership card to redeem (Terms and Conditions apply). Please note 2020 members who can’t attend are still eligible to receive this promotion.
Thanks to the Duxton, some lucky members will be given the opportunity to win during halftime with a special trivia contest.
Homes for Homes Points for Cash
Every home match at GIO Stadium is a chance to raise money for the Homes for Homes charity, with Denman Prospect donating $100 for every point the Raiders score this season.
Information on Homes for Homes can be found at www.homesforhomes.com.au
Fans Choice Zango SMS Man of the Match
This season fans at GIO Stadium will have the opportunity to vote on the man of the match each week thanks to Zango. Keep an eye out on the big screen on match day and you can vote and possibly win a prize.
Food and Beverage
Selected Food and beverage outlets will be open around the ground from gates open.
Don't forget, Raiders members who show their 2020 membership card receive 10% off food at GIO Stadium thanks to GEMA Catering.
All food and beverage outlets now have EFTPOS / tap and go facilities. Please note that card is the preferred method of payment.
Due to the current restrictions, there will be no merchandise available for sale at the venue on Saturday night.
Getting to GIO Stadium
Limited public transport is available for Friday night.
- Please read carefully the changed conditions for parking at Saturday night's match.
- Parking fees will be waived to remove the need for cash collection at entry points to the car parks;
- Minimal traffic management will be in effect on the Western and Eastern sides of the venue allowing patrons to park without any interaction with attendants;
- Parking vouchers will not be utilised;
- There will be no corporate parking area due to the small number of patrons attending;
- Patrons in West Corporate areas or seated in bays 1 - 20 and 50 - 63 are asked to park in the West car park and enter through the West Gate;
- Patrons in East Corporate areas or seated in bays 22 - 32 and 64 - 79 are asked to park in the East car park and enter through the East gate;
- Access to the Eastern car park will be via Braybrooke St and turning onto Masterman St.
Advised GIO Stadium Service Changes
Stadium Management has advised the Raiders that ATMs are no longer at the venue due to low demand. All food and beverage outlets now have EFTPOS / tap and go facilities. Please note that card is the preferred method of payment.
Additionally, as there is currently no agreement in place between TAB and the venue, TAB facilities are no longer available on site.
Report it to Sort it
If you notice any anti-social, discriminatory behaviour or other issues at the match, please text “Assist” to 0455 883 228 for assistance. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and will likely result in exclusion from the venue.
Travelling by Taxi/Rideshare & Uber
The usual drop off and pick up points at GIO Stadium will apply. Please adhere to 1.5m social distancing when queuing for taxis or rideshare services.
A designated drop off and pick-up area will be available on Leverrier St in front of the AIS Visitors centre or AIS Arena on the WEST side of the stadium. For Rideshare / Uber services use ‘AIS Arena’ or ‘AIS Visitors Centre’ as your destination and pick up location, please do not use ‘GIO Stadium’.
Taxis will drop off and pick up at the taxi rank outside the WEST gate only.
What you cannot bring into the stadium
• Any type of bag including a handbag, camera bag, lunchbox or plastic bags;
• Jackets or items of clothing may not be carried into the venue – they must be worn at the time of entry;
• Thermoses or drink bottles;
• Any signage, flags, posters or a musical instrument without prior approval; and
• Footballs, or any other kind of ball.
What you can bring into the stadium
• You may carry permitted items on you at time of entry either in your hand or pockets;
• You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification at time of entry;
• You may carry small purses without a shoulder strap;
• You may carry individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar;
• One sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle and up to 600mL in size;
• Patrons attending with an infant may bring a large size, clear zip-lock bag into the venue to carry required items such as nappies, wipes and formula. A stroller may also be permitted subject to the venue’s standard terms and conditions. Additional items must not be carried in the stroller;
• One blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security;
• One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length is permitted, but must not be in a bag.
Watching the Match
If you can’t make it to GIO Stadium there are options available.
The NRL match is live on Fox League Channel 502 and Kayo
There is also the NRL Digital Pass available to watch the match.
Download the NRL App via Google Play or iTunes to subscribe
Overseas fans can watch via Watch NRL
Updates from the matches will be on the Raiders Twitter. Make sure you are also following us on Facebook and Instagram for heaps of behind the scenes photos and videos from the match.
Listening to the Match
In 2020 there are more ways to listen. You can tune into any of the following call teams on your game day.
Raiders on Mix – Mix106.3 FM
Radio 2CC – 1206 AM
ABC Grandstand – 666 ABC AM
Due to current restrictions, the membership box offices will not be open on game day. If you have any issues post-event please email firstname.lastname@example.org