Footy returns to GIO Stadium on Sunday afternoon! Despite 100% Capacity returning to the venue, members and fans are asked to read through the game day guide to encourage a COVID Safe environment on game day.
Sunday March 14, GIO Stadium Canberra
Gates Open: 1.35pm
NSW Cup – Raiders v Magpies: 1.50pm
NRL – Raiders v Tigers: 4.05pm
Tickets for Sunday afternoon are available via Ticketek. Tickets may be purchased ONLINE ONLY up until Kick-Off
CLICK HERE to purchase tickets
Game Day Sponsor
Thanks to Game Day Sponsor VB, we have the return of the annual VB Hard Earned Highball competition taking place at half-time of the NRL game. Five Raiders members have been selected to compete in a catching competition for their chance to win Raiders Group licensed club food and beverage vouchers.
Match Day Charity: NSW RFS
Our 50-50 Charity Raffle proceeds from Round 1 will be going to our Game Day Charity, NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS). For over 100 years, the NSW RFS has been a significant part of the history and landscape of NSW. Working closely with other agencies they respond to a range of emergencies including structure fires, motor vehicle accidents and storms that occur within rural fire districts.
50/50 Charity Raffle
The 50-50 Charity Raffle is a not-for-profit fundraising raffle that raises funds for charities, good causes and significant projects. It gives fans and members the chance to win cash prizes while supporting great charitable causes.
For this round, the Canberra Raiders will be raising funds for the NSW Rural Fire Service. 50% of the prize pool goes to one lucky winner and the remaining amount to the charity.
For over 100 years, the NSW RFS has been a significant part of the history and landscape of NSW. Working closely with other agencies they respond to a range of emergencies including structure fires, motor vehicle accidents and storms that occur within rural fire districts.
The Canberra Raiders are committed to continuing to support our region following the devastating impacts of the bushfires during the summer of 2020.
Raffle tickets can be purchased online via 5050charityraffle.com.au/raiders or face-to-face through roaming volunteer sellers throughout GIO Stadium.
The lucky winner will be drawn in the second half of the NRL Round 1 match Raiders v Wests Tigers.
The Viking Clap tradition continues in 2021 and with a big crowd expected it’s an event not to be missed on Sunday afternoon.
This week’s Viking Ambassador is Member for Eden-Monaro, Kristy McBain. Ms McBain will blow the Viking Horn to start the Viking Clap just before kick-off.
Every round at GIO Stadium, Raiders members are at the forefront of game day activations, competitions, and giveaways.
In 2021, members will continue to receive a 10% discount on all food and merchandise at GIO Stadium on game day. Simply present your membership card on purchase to receive your discount.
Due to COVID restrictions at GIO Stadium, there will be no members lounge activities this season. Entry to the West Lounge will be granted to patrons who have a membership or ticket in the Meninga stand only.
The Raiders will field a NSW Cup team for the first time since 2007 and they will play their first home game of the season against the Western Suburbs Magpies at 1.50pm.
There will also be the return of Raiders mini-footy to the ground for the first time in over a year, with the Yass Magpies, Tuggeranong Buffaloes, Goulburn Stockmen and Gungahlin Bulls Black all participating.
It’s also the return of the McDonald’s game day dance performance, with Passion and Purpose performing, while Cam and Ben will preview the match before kick-off.
Half-time entertainment/In-game entertainment
The ever-popular Maccas Powerplay returns in 2021; if the Raiders score in the allotted five-minute period, attending members will receive 2 for 1 McValue meals at participating ACT stores. Simply show your match day ticket or 2021 membership card to redeem (Terms and Conditions apply). Please note 2021 members who can’t attend are still eligible to receive this promotion.
At halftime we’ll have the Duxton Cam, so stay in your seat and get ready to move and groove during the halftime break to some live music from the talented Adriana and Bianca.
Fans Choice Zango SMS Man of the Match
This season, fans at GIO Stadium will have the opportunity to vote on the man of the match each round thanks to Zango. Keep an eye out on the big screen on match day for details on how you can vote and possibly win a prize.
Denman Prospect supporting Homes for Home Charity
Once again in 2021 Denman Prospect will proudly supporting the Homes for Homes charity. Each point scored by the Raiders at home games equals a $100 donation!
Visit homesforhomes.org.au for more information
Food and Beverage
Selected food and beverage outlets will be open around the ground from gates open.
Don't forget, Raiders members receive 10% off food at GIO Stadium thanks to GEMA Catering.
Raiders Shop will be at GIO Stadium this Sunday with outlets on the Western Forecourt and Southern Inner bowl.
Both outlets will open at halftime of the NSW Cup fixture and close at halftime of the main game.
2021 members receive 10% off their purchases.
You can buy merchandise now via www.raidersshop.com.au
Play NRL Rewards
Registered participants will receive an email from PlayNRL Rewards outlining the process to redeem one (1) free ticket.
Please note not all home games are available and there is a limit of 600 redemption tickets at GIO Stadium for Round 1.
To contact PlayNRL Rewards for additional support and queries click here.
GIO Stadium has been granted an exemption to have 100% capacity for outdoor seating at matches. There are still a number of important restrictions and rules in place for attending matches.
Updates to the ACT Public Health Direction
For current COVID-19 travel alerts for people entering the ACT, please visit https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/
Things to know before you arrive:
- The Primary ticket purchaser is responsible for providing the contact details of all other ticketholders if required. By purchasing or redeeming ticket(s), you acknowledge you understand the requirement for all ticketholders to adhere to ACT COVID-19 health directions.
- Stay home if you are unwell or showing symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and a runny or blocked nose.
- Please note that you will be sitting next to other patrons at the venue. Patrons must remain in allocated seats during the match for the purpose of contact tracing
- To apply physical distancing when entering the venue, please ensure each ticket holder in your group has their own mobile ticket on their own device. Ensure it is downloaded and/or printed before arriving.
- Patrons using mobile tickets to share any mobile tickets with your group via the Ticketek App. For Information on how to access your mobile ticket through your mobile device please visit: Mobile Ticket Info Guide
- Patrons using ezyTickets ensure you have either printed your own ezyTicket or have it ready to scan from your device
- PLEASE NOTE THE FULL LIST OF PERMITTED ITEMS HERE.- INCLUDING ALLOWABLE BAGS.
Things to know at the event:
- Maintain physical distance where possible, particularly when queuing for entry, food/drinks and bathroom
- Cooperate with venue staff directives
- Practice good hand and respiratory hygiene – wash or sanitise your hands regularly and when you cough/sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow.
Temporary Conditions of Entry due to COVID-19
- To assist with contact tracing, all patrons are encouraged to install the Check in CBR App before entering the venue
- In addition to the venue’s usual Conditions of Entry, additional temporary conditions are in place as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- All attendees must have a ticket, including babies and children under the age of five
- For easier access, patrons are asked to enter through the gate provided on their ticket; there will be restrictions in movement around the inner bowl
- Patrons will have a reserved seat and must remain in that designated seat, even in wet weather. Tickets will show a Bay, Row and Seat number
- Return to your seat after a food or bathroom break so queues can be managed in a COVID Safe way
- You may be asked to verify your identity against your ticket.
What can’t I bring into GIO Stadium?
- Any type of bag including a backpack, handbag, camera bag, lunchbox, or plastic bags- unless it is clear and see-through.
- Jackets or items of clothing must not be placed in clear, see-through bags, as contents must be easily verified. Please wear (preferred) or carry items.
- Eskies and cooler bags
- Any musical instruments, such as horns, trumpets, vuvuzelas etc, without prior written consent
- Professional filming equipment
- Any signage or posters without prior approval
- Balls of any kind.
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
- You may carry permitted items on you at the time of entry either in your hand or pockets.
- You may carry permitted items in clear, see-through bags, where items can be easily verified.
- You may carry permitted items in a small purse- the size restriction of 20cm x 15cm applies.
- You may carry individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar.
- One sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle and up to 600mL in size.
- You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification by security at the time of entry- this includes items in clear bags.
- Patrons attending with an infant may bring a clear, see-through bag into the venue to carry required items such as nappies, wipes, and formula. A stroller may also be permitted subject to the venue’s standard terms and conditions. Additional items must not be carried in the stroller.
- One blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security.
- One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length is permitted but must be in clear, see-through bag.
Will there be food outlets open for service?
- Selected food and beverage outlets will be open. Please practice physical distancing where possible and be courteous to fellow attendees and follow direction from all staff
- Avoid large crowds during the break, time your food or drink purchases for periods when there are fewer people queued
Corporate guests are subject to the above terms and conditions for entry. In addition to this:
- All corporate guests must provide their name and contact phone number when entering the corporate area
- The corporate dress code will be applicable
- The corporate areas meet current guidelines of 1:2sqm spacing.
Be COVID Safe on public transport while travelling to and from the match.
Travelling by personal vehicle
- Limited parking is available at the GIO Stadium car parks with payment by cash only. Get in early as the car parks are likely to fill up quickly
- Overflow parking is available from 12pm at the University of Canberra accessed via College St and buses will have some capacity to pick up on College St which is a 20-minute walk to/from the stadium. Please consider car-pooling to alleviate traffic congestion as parking will be limited.
- Some general road closures and managed access arrangements will apply in the GIO Stadium precinct on the day. Parking officers will also be active in the precinct during the event and drivers are reminded to park legally.
- Patrons are reminded to practice physical distancing while attending fixtures particularly when entering and exiting the venue
- Please click here for parking details.
Travelling by bus
- Please check the transport page for the final bus schedule.
- Patrons are asked to physical distance when using public transport.
Travelling by Taxi / Rideshare services
- A designated drop off and pick-up area will be available on Leverrier St in front of the AIS Visitors centre or AIS Arena on the WEST side of the stadium
- For Rideshare services use ‘AIS Arena’ or ‘AIS Visitors Centre’ as your destination and pick up location, please do not use ‘GIO Stadium’
- Please adhere to physical distancing when queuing for taxis or rideshare services.
Further event and venue information can be found here.
Accommodation - Book now with the Canberra Rex Hotel
The Canberra Raiders have partnered with the Canberra Rex Hotel for the 2021 season.
A convenient central location, with easy access to national attractions, shopping, restaurants and business precedents make the Rex Hotel the obvious choice.
Book now to enjoy everything the Rex has to offer, as part of your match day experience.
Location: 150 Northbourne Avenue Canberra City, ACT 2612
Phone: 02 6248 5311
Watching the Match
If you can’t make it to GIO Stadium there are options available.
The NRL match is live on Channel Nine and Fox League Channel 502.
You can also watch the match live on KAYO.
Overseas fans can watch via Watch NRL
Updates from the matches will be on the Raiders Twitter. Make sure you are also following us on Facebook and Instagram for heaps of behind the scenes photos and videos from the match.
Listening to the Match
In 2021 there are more ways to listen. You can tune into any of the following call teams on your game day.
Raiders on Mix – Mix106.3 FM
Radio 2CC – 1206 AM
ABC Grandstand – 666 ABC AM
Additional Membership Information
Any current members with enquiries on the day can visit the membership booth at either the East or West ticket boxes.
Memberships will go off sale Friday 5pm and will not be available for purchase on the day.
Membership Ticketing Replacement:
Tickets will not be able to be printed off at the Membership booths. Members can print their tickets at home or access on their smart devices by logging into their membership account.
Should any members have a game day complaint regarding their membership, they can see our membership staff in the East and West Membership booths.
For any post-match complaints, members can contact our Membership and Ticketing
team during business hours on 02 6253 3515 or email email@example.com.
Further Membership information can be found on our website: