The Raiders return to GIO Stadium Canberra this weekend to host the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday.
Despite 100% Capacity, members and fans are asked to read through the game day guide to maintain a COVID Safe environment on game day.
The ACT Government are working closely with the NRL and teams to understand key plans and operations considering the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the recent change to the Public Health Directions.
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions into the ACT, and the need to contact ticket purchasers who have their ticketing account registered in declared areas of concern, ticket sales for the game will stop at 6pm on Friday July 2, 2021.
Tickets will not be available to purchase at the venue on match day. This is to ensure the safety of everyone attending the match.
Masks at GIO Stadium
Under current Heath Directions, patrons entering the stadium, traversing indoor spaces, or using lifts to get to their outdoor seating do not need to wear a face mask, however, they are encouraged to carry one on them and wear it if they feel comfortable to do so.
The exception to this is anyone attending the indoor corporate facilities, lounges, and Suites. All people present will be required to wear a face mask when entering/exiting the indoor area of the corporate facility and anytime they are inside and not consuming food or beverages. Staff working in these areas will be required to wear a face mask at all times.
GIO Stadium’s and the NRL’S COVID-19 Safety Plan includes ‘clean zones’ for the players, additional cleaning, sanitising, infection control, and allocated seating for spectators.
The health and safety of the community is of paramount importance and Venues Canberra will continue to work closely with the Office of the Chief Health Officer to ensure all biosecurity measures are in place for the protection of fans, players, and officials at the venue.
For up-to-date information on GIO Stadium, please visit giostadiumcanberra.com.au
Saturday, July 3, GIO Stadium Canberra
Gates Open: 3:40pm
NRL – Raiders v Titans: 5.30pm
Tickets for Saturday night are available via Ticketek. Tickets may be purchased ONLINE ONLY up until 6pm on Friday July 2, 2021. Given the ongoing COVID restrictions, box office ticket sales at the ground are unlikely during season 2021.
Game Day Sponsor: Rork Projects
Our Round 16 Match Day Sponsor is Rork Projects. Rork Projects a leading Canberra construction company, have been operating in the construction industry for more than 20 years. They are nationally accredited and an Indigenous business who deliver everything from fit-outs through to multi-level new build projects.
Game Day Charity: Wa Initiative
Our 50-50 Charity Raffle proceeds from Round 16 will be going to our Game Day Charity, the Wa Initiative. Assisted by 50-50 representatives, volunteers will be selling raffle tickets online and around the grounds at the game. 50% of the prize pool will go to one lucky winner and the remaining amount to the charity. Donating this round will assist the Wa Initiative provide support in education for Indigenous communities, families and students to ensure they can say yes to having a positive future.
50/50 Charity Raffle
The 50-50 Charity Raffle is a not-for-profit fundraising raffle that raises funds for charities, good causes, and significant projects. It gives fans and members the chance to win cash prizes while supporting great charitable causes.
For this round, the Canberra Raiders will be raising funds for the Wa Initiative. 50% of the prize pool goes to one lucky winner who has purchased a ticket and the remaining amount is directed to the charity.
The Canberra Raiders are committed to continuing to support those in the community, like the Wa Initiative, and the fantastic work that they do.
Raffle tickets can be purchased online via 5050charityraffle.com.au/raiders or face-to-face at the game through roaming sellers.
The lucky winner will be drawn in the second half of the NRL Round 16 match, Raiders v Titans.
This week’s Viking Ambassador is Raider #39 Percy Knight. Percy played 24 games for the Raiders from 1983-1985.
Every round at GIO Stadium Canberra, Raiders members are at the forefront of game-day activations, competitions, and giveaways.
In 2021, members will continue to receive a 10% discount on all food and merchandise at GIO Stadium Canberra on game day. Simply present your membership card on purchase to receive your discount.
Due to COVID restrictions at GIO Stadium, there will be no members lounge activities this season. Entry to the West Lounge will be granted to patrons who have a membership or ticket in the Meninga Grandstand only. In addition, masks must be worn in the East and West Lounges and all internal corporate facilities.
Pre-Game Matches and Entertainment
Due to the Level 4 Apollo restrictions, there will be no official pre-game fixtures or entertainment on-field this weekend during the pre-game and halftime.
Cam and Ben will still be providing a pre-match preview ahead of kick-off on the big screen and will interview Viking Ambassador Percy Knight.
Re-Align Performance will have 100 seat cushions for some lucky patrons as well!
At halftime this week as part of NAIDOC Week celebrations, there will be a performance from Indigenous performer Stewart Barton, which will be shown on the big screen.
The Duxton Dance Cam will also be happening, so keep an eye out for the camera at halftime!
The ever-popular Maccas Powerplay will be in action; if the Raiders score in the allocated five-minute period, attending members and fans will receive 2 for 1 McValue meals at participating ACT stores. Simply show your match day ticket or 2021 membership card to redeem (Terms and Conditions apply). Please note 2021 members who can’t attend are still eligible to receive this promotion.
Fans Choice Zango SMS Man of the Match
This season, fans at GIO Stadium Canberra will have the opportunity to vote on the man of the match each round thanks to Zango. Keep an eye out on the big screen on match day for details on how you can vote and possibly win a prize.
Denman Prospect supporting Homes for Home Charity
Once again in 2021 Denman Prospect will be proudly supporting the Homes for Homes charity. Each point scored by the Raiders at home games equals a $100 donation!
Visit homesforhomes.org.au for more information.
Food and Beverage
Selected food and beverage outlets will be open around the ground from when gates open.
Don't forget, Raiders members receive 10% off food at GIO Stadium Canberra thanks to GEMA Catering.
Raiders Shop will be at GIO Stadium this Saturday with outlets on the Western Forecourt and South Concourse.
PLEASE NOTE MASKS MUST WORK INSIDE THE WESTERN OUTLET
Both outlets will open at 3.40pm and close at the end of halftime of the main game (approximately 6.30pm).
2021 members receive 10% off their purchases, upon presenting their membership card.
You can buy merchandise now via www.raidersshop.com.au
Play NRL Rewards
Registered CRRL participants will receive an email from PlayNRL Rewards outlining the process to redeem one (1) free ticket.
Please note not all home games are available and there is a limit of 700 redemption tickets at GIO Stadium Canberra for Round 16.
To contact PlayNRL Rewards for additional support and queries CLICK HERE.
GIO Stadium Canberra has been granted an exemption to have 100% capacity for outdoor seating at matches. There are still a number of important restrictions and rules in place for attending matches.
Updates to the ACT Public Health Direction
For current COVID-19 travel alerts for people entering the ACT, please visit covid-19.act.gov.au.
Face masks and COVID-19 procedures at GIO Stadium
- Under current Heath Directions, patrons entering the stadium or traversing indoor spaces or using lifts to get to their outdoor seating do not need to wear a face mask; however, they should carry one and wear if they feel uncomfortable whilst indoors.
- GIO Stadium’s COVID-19 Safety Plan includes ‘clean zones’ for the players, additional cleaning, sanitising, infection control and allocated seating for spectators.
- The health and safety of the community is of paramount importance and Venues Canberra will continue to work closely with the Office of the Chief Health Officer to ensure all biosecurity measures are in place for the protection of fans, players and officials at the venue.
- For up-to-date information on GIO Stadium, please visit giostadiumcanberra.com.au
What this means for GIO Stadium Canberra:
- Anyone that is working in an indoor enclosed area of the stadium will need to wear a face mask, i.e. hospitality staff, venue staff, broadcasters, production staff, indoor coaches boxes, etc
- If you are in an indoor area with people you don’t usually live or work with a mask will be required. This includes public toilets, public rooms and other indoor areas.
- Anyone attending the indoor corporate facilities will need to wear face mask when entering / exiting the indoor area of the corporate facility and anytime they are inside and not consuming food or beverages. Staff working in these areas will need to wear a face mask at all times.
- Patrons entering the stadium or traversing indoor spaces or using lifts to get to their outdoor seating do not need to wear a face mask, however you may wish to encourage patrons to carry one on them and wear if they choose to.
Further details on requirements of masks can be found here – Face masks to become mandatory in the ACT – COVID-19
Things to know before you arrive:
You are the primary ticket purchaser and are responsible for providing the contact details of all other ticketholders if required. By purchasing or redeeming ticket(s), you acknowledge you understand the requirement for all ticketholders to adhere to ACT COVID-19 health directions.
- Stay home if you are unwell or showing symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and a runny or blocked nose
- Please note that you will be sitting next to other patrons at the venue. Patrons must remain in allocated seats during the match for the purpose of contact tracing
- To apply physical distancing when entering the venue, please ensure each ticket holder in your group has their own mobile ticket on their own device. Ensure it is downloaded and/or printed before arriving.
- Patrons using mobile tickets to share any mobile tickets with your group via the Ticketek App. For Information on how to access your mobile ticket through your mobile device please visit: Mobile Ticket Info Guide
- Patrons using ezyTickets ensure you have either printed your own ezyTicket or have it ready to scan from your device
- PLEASE NOTE THE FULL LIST OF PERMITTED ITEMS HERE.- INCLUDING ALLOWABLE BAGS.
Things to know at the event:
- Maintain physical distance where possible, particularly when queuing for entry, food/drinks and bathrooms
- Cooperate with venue staff directives
- Practice good hand and respiratory hygiene – wash or sanitise your hands regularly and when you cough/sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow.
- GIO Stadium is committed to providing you a safe and enjoyable match day experience. If you have any issues at the venue, you can contact Venue Management via the REPORT IT TO SORT IT service. Simply text ‘ASSIST’ to 0455 883 228.
Temporary Conditions of Entry due to COVID-19
- To assist with contact tracing, all patrons are encouraged to install the Check in CBR App before entering the venue.
- In addition to the venue’s usual Conditions of Entry, additional temporary conditions are in place as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- All attendees must have a ticket, including babies and children under the age of five
- For easier access, patrons are asked to enter through the gate provided on their ticket; there will be restrictions in movement around the inner bowl.
- Patrons will have a reserved seat and must remain in that designated seat, even in wet weather. Tickets will show a Bay, Row and Seat number
- Return to your seat after a food or bathroom break so queues can be managed in a COVID Safe way
- You may be asked to verify your identity against your ticket.
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
- All bags are subject to inspection to verify permissible items
Clear, see-through bags are permitted for entry subject to inspections if the contents cannot be clearly seen
- You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification by security at the time of entry - this includes items in clear, see-through bags.
- At the time of entry, patrons are permitted to carry essential items:
- either in your hand or pocket
- in clear, see-through bags, where items can be easily verified
- in a small purse- the size restriction of 20cm x 15cm applies
- including individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar
including one sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle and up to 1L in size
- including items such as nappies, wipes, and formula for infants
- including one blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security
- One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length
- Umbrellas can be used but must not interfere with other people’s viewing.
What can’t I bring into GIO Stadium?
- Eskies and cooler bags
- Any musical instruments, such as horns, trumpets, vuvuzelas, etc, without prior written consent
- Professional filming equipment
- Any signage or posters without prior approval
- Balls of any kind
- Jackets or items of clothing must not be placed in clear, see-through bags, as contents must be easily verified. Please wear (preferred) or carry items.
Will there be food outlets open for service?
- All food and beverage outlets will be open. Please practice physical distancing where possible and be courteous to fellow attendees and follow direction from all staff
- Avoid large crowds during the break, time your food or drink purchases for periods when there are fewer people queues
Corporate guests are subject to the above terms and conditions for entry. In addition to this:
- All corporate guests must provide their name and contact phone number when entering the corporate area
- The corporate dress code will be applicable
- The corporate areas meet current guidelines of 1:2sqm spacing.
Be COVID Safe on public transport while traveling to and from the match.
Travelling by personal vehicle
- Limited parking is available at the GIO Stadium car parks with payment by cash only. Get in early as the car parks are likely to fill up quickly
- Overflow parking is available from 12pm at the University of Canberra accessed via College St and buses will have some capacity to pick up on College St which is a 20-minute walk to/from the stadium. Please consider car-pooling to alleviate traffic congestion as parking will be limited.
- Some general road closures and managed access arrangements will apply in the GIO Stadium precinct on the day.
- Parking officers will be active in the precinct during the event and drivers are reminded to park legally and safely. Please be mindful and respectful of residents who live nearby.
- Patrons are reminded to practice physical distancing while attending fixtures particularly when entering and exiting the venue
- Please CLICK HERE for parking details.
- Patrons in West Corporate areas or seated in the West Grandstand (Bays 7-15), North Terrace (Bays 16-21), South Terrace (Bays 1-6) and Inner Bowl (Bays 77-79 & 50-61) are asked to park in the West car park and enter through the West Gate;
- Patrons in East Corporate areas or seated in the East Grandstand (Bays 22-32) and Inner Bowl (Bays 62-76) are asked to park in the East car park and enter through the East gate
Travelling by bus
- Please check the transport page for the final bus schedule
- Patrons are asked to physical distance when using public transport.
Travelling by Taxi / Rideshare services
- A designated drop off and pick-up area will be available on Leverrier St in front of the AIS Visitors centre or AIS Arena on the WEST side of the stadium
- For Rideshare services use ‘AIS Arena’ or ‘AIS Visitors Centre’ as your destination and pick up location, please do not use ‘GIO Stadium’
- Please adhere to physical distancing when queuing for taxis or rideshare services.
Further event and venue information can be found here.
Accommodation - Book now with the Canberra Rex Hotel
The Canberra Raiders have partnered with the Canberra Rex Hotel for the 2021 season.
A convenient central location, with easy access to national attractions, shopping, restaurants and business precedents make the Rex Hotel the obvious choice.
Book now to enjoy everything the Rex has to offer, as part of your matchday experience.
Location: 150 Northbourne Avenue Canberra City, ACT 2612
Phone: 02 6248 5311
Watching the Match
If you can’t make it to GIO Stadium there are options available.
The NRL match is live on Fox League Channel 502.
You can also watch the match live on KAYO.
Overseas fans can watch via Watch NRL
Updates from the matches will be on the Raiders' Twitter. Make sure you are also following us on Facebook and Instagram for heaps of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the match.
Listening to the Match
In 2021 there are more ways to listen. You can tune into any of the following call teams on your game day.
Raiders on Mix – Mix106.3 FM
Radio 2CC – 1206 AM
ABC Grandstand – 666 ABC AM
Additional Membership Information
Any current members with enquiries on the day can visit the membership booth at either the East or West ticket boxes.
Membership Ticketing Replacement:
Tickets will not be able to be printed off at the Membership booths. Members can print their tickets at home or access on their smart devices by logging into their membership account.
Game Day Feedback:
Should you have any feedback from the game, please contact our staff during business hours on 02 6253 3515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Membership information can be found on our website: raiders.com.au/membership