Having collected all the votes from the McIntyre Medal tally, here is the 2021 Blumers Lawyers Canberra Raiders Cup First Grade Team of the Year.
To separate players on the same number of votes, the player in the side that finished highest on the ladder is included. If the two players are from the same team, the player who scored the most tries will be selected.
Players who were guilty of a charge throughout the course of the season are not eligible for this team.
Props: Manu Vanisi (6 votes) & Tyson Greenwood (5 votes)
Prop Manu Vanisi was a welcome addition to the Yass Magpies side this year, claiming a starting spot in the team of the year.
Vanisi provided big running metres for his new team, and was a handful for opposition sides.
The 25-year-old scored three tries throughout the competition, and notched up six best and fairest votes. He was awarded three points in the round six match against the Woden Valley Rams.
Goulburn City Bulldogs prop Tyson Greenwood has also claimed a spot in the team of the year for 2021.
Juggling the captain-coaching role, Greenwood was able to lead from the front and consistently lay a solid platform for his team.
Greenwood scored four tries this season, with a hat-trick in round eight against the Yass Magpies. He also played all 13 games for the Bulldogs this season.
Notable mentions: Silafono Titiuti - 4 votes (Goulburn City Bulldogs), Jayden Baxter - 4 votes (Queanbeyan Kangaroos)
Team of the Year 2021
1. Tristan Eldridge (Gungahlin Bulls)
2. George Morseu (Queanbeyan Blues)
3. Manase Kaho (Belconnen United Sharks)
4. David Fale (Queanbeyan Kangaroos)
5. Livai Kaloutolu (Belconnen United Sharks)
6. Tre Holten-Williams (Gungahlin Bulls)
7. Isaac Walker (Goulburn City Bulldogs)
8. Manu Vanisi (Yass Magpies)
9. Joshua Mitchell (Queanbeyan Blues)
10. Tyson Greenwood (Goulburn City Bulldogs)