New recruit Aidan Sezer made an instant impact on his Raiders debut, scoring two tries against the Panthers off the back of two line breaks and four tackle busts. On defence, tackling machine Shaun Fensom picked up where he left off last season, registering 38 tackles as the leading tackler in the match.
Here are all the numbers from the Raiders 30-22 opening round win over the Penrith Panthers at GIO Stadium on the weekend.
1. Jack Wighton 155 metres
2. Shaun Fensom 132 metres
3. Joseph Leilua 115 metres
1. Shaun Fensom 38 tackles
2. Elliott Whitehead 37 tackles
3. Sia Soliola 32 tackles
1. Jarrod Croker 1 try assist and 1 line break assist
2. Blake Austin 1 try assist and 1 line break assist
3. Josh Hodgson 1 line break assist
Second Phase Play:
1. Josh Papalii 3 offloads
2. Joseph Leilua 2 offloads
3. Aidan Sezer, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Elliott Whitehead, Paul Vaughan 1 offload
In total, the Raiders registered nine offloads whilst the Panthers had 13.
1. Aidan Sezer 2 line breaks and 4 tackle busts
2. Edrick Lee 1 line break and 4 tackle busts
3. Shaun Fensom 1 line break and 4 tackle busts
4. Joseph Leilua 6 tackle busts
In total, the Raiders made six line breaks whilst the Panthers had four.
1. Aidan Sezer had 9 kicks for 242 metres
2. Blake Austin 3 kicks for 121 metres
3. Jack Wighton 1 kick for 30 metres
The Raiders had 49% of possession compared to the Panthers 51%
The Raiders completed 31 out of 39 sets for a completion rate of 79%, whilst the Panthers had a completion rate of 73% (22/30).
The Raiders registered eight errors whilst the Panthers had 11.
Line Drop Outs:
Both teams registered one line drop out each
The Raiders missed 20 tackles, whilst the Panthers missed 36.
The Raiders conceded seven penalties whilst the Panthers conceded 10.
*Statistics provided by ProZone Sports.