Sia Soliola was dominant in the Raiders’ Round 2 win over the Roosters, running for 134 metres and making 44 tackles in his 79 minutes on the field. The backline was lethal throughout the contest, combining for thirteen tackle busts in the thrilling victory.
Here are all the numbers from the Raiders’ 21-20 win over the Sydney Roosters at GIO Stadium on the weekend.
1. Paul Vaughan 168 metres
2. Jeff Lima 144 metres
3. Sia Soliola 134 metres
1. Sia Soliola 44 tackles
2. Elliott Whitehead 44 tackles
3. Shannon Boyd 35 tackles
1. Jack Wighton 2 try assists and 2 line break assists
2. Kurt Baptiste 1 try assist and 1 line break assist
3. Jarrod Croker, Joseph Leilua 1 try assist
Second Phase Play:
1. Josh Papalii 4 offloads
2. Joseph Leilua 3 offloads
3. Jarrod Croker, Sam Williams, Josh Hodgson, Elliot Whitehead, Sia Soliola 1 offload
In total, the Raiders registered twelve offloads whilst the Roosters had 6.
1. Jordan Rapana 1 line break and 5 tackle busts
2. Josh Papalii 1 line break and 5 tackle busts
3. Jarrod Croker 1 line break and 3 tackle busts
4. Sia Soliola 1 line break and 2 tackle busts
5. Josh Hodgson 1 line break and 1 tackle bust
6. Paul Vaughan 7 tackle busts
7. Joseph Leilua 3 tackle busts
8. Jack Wighton, Edrick Lee 1 tackle bust
In total, the Raiders made five line breaks whilst the Roosters had four.
1. Sam Williams had 6 kicks for 122 metres
2. Josh Hodgson 3 kicks for 78 metres
3. Lachlan Croker 1 kick for 30 metres
The Raiders had 43% of possession compared to the Roosters 57%.
The Raiders completed 22 out of 39 sets for a completion rate of 56.4%, whilst the Roosters had a completion rate of 72.5% (29/40).
The Raiders registered fifteen errors whilst the Roosters had eight.
Line Drop Outs:
The Raiders registered four dropouts whilst the Roosters had two.
The Raiders missed 26 tackles, whilst the Roosters missed 28.
The Raiders conceded nine penalties whilst the Roosters conceded 8.
*Statistics provided by ProZone Sports.
CLICK HERE to see the play of the week from round two!