By the Numbers: Raiders v Warriors
It truly was a captain's performance by Jarrod Croker on Saturday, winning the match for the Raiders with a hat-trick of tries including the golden point winner. As Ricky mentioned in the post-match press conference, Croker was just as strong in defence as attack, not missing any of his 17 tackles.
The Raiders defence was very strong for almost the entire match, with the team missing 19 less tackles than the Warriors. Five Raiders made 100% of their tackles, compared to just one Warriors player.
In his return from a short injury lay-off Josh Papalii was the Raiders best forward, running for 147 metres and setting up two tries.
Adam Clydsdale played 11 minutes in his debut for the Raiders, tallying one run and six tackles.
- Jordan Rapana - 177m
- Joey Leilua - 171m
- Josh Papalii - 147m
- Josh Hodgson - 46
- Elliott Whitehead - 40
- Sia Soliola - 31
- Josh Papalii – 2 try assists, 2 linebreak assists
- Jordan Rapana – 1 try assist, 1 linebreak assist
- Aidan Sezer, Jarrod Croker – 1 try assist
Second Phase Play
- Joey Leilua - 5 offloads
- Josh Papalii, Sia Soliola - 2 offloads
- Edrick Lee, Jordan Rapana, Blake Austin, Josh Hodgson, Junior Paulo – 1 offload
The Raiders registered 14 offloads, while the Warriors registered 15.
- Jarrod Croker - 2 linebreaks, 4 tackle busts
- Jordan Rapana - 1 linebreak, 11 tackle busts
- Joey Leilua - 1 linebreak, 7 tackle busts
The Raiders tallied 7 linebreaks in comparison to the Warriors 5.
- Aidan Sezer had 10 kicks for 226 metres
- Blake Austin had 5 kicks for 169 metres
- Josh Hodgson had 4 kicks for 128 metres
The Raiders had 48% of possession, while the Warriors had 52%.
The Raiders completed 30 of 36 (83%) sets. The Warriors completed 29 of 38 (76%) sets.
Both teams made 8 errors each..
Both teams had 2 line dropouts each.
The Raiders missed 20 tackles, while the Warriors missed 39.
The Raiders conceded 5 penalties, while the Warriors conceded 6.
*Statistics provided by ProZone Sports.
POST MATCH COVERAGE