The Raiders left edge of Jarrod Croker and Brenko Lee combined for five tries in Round 24 against the Eels.. It was only fitting that the right edge of Joey Leilua and Jordan Rapana matched them on Saturday, with a fantastic five try performance against Manly.
Rapana ran for a stunning 256 metres and also bagged a hat-trick to take his tally for the season to 18 tries. His partner in crime, Joey Leilua, grabbed two memorable tries and also made three linebreaks.
Josh Papalii was the only Raiders forward to run for over 100 metres, and he also showed off his creativity with two try assists and one linebreak assist.
Manly enjoyed a wealth of possession (54%), had six more offloads and forced the Raiders into making two line dropouts, but it wasn't enough as the Raiders came away with the 44-30 victory.
1. Jordan Rapana - 256m
2. Jack Wighton - 184m
3. Joey Leilua - 135m
1. Elliott Whitehead - 39
2. Shannon Boyd - 33
3. Josh Hodgson - 27
1. Josh Papalii – 2 try assists, 1 linebreak assists
2. Elliott Whitehead, Josh Hodgson – 1 try assist, 1 linebreak assist
Second Phase Play
1. Jarrod Croker - 3 offloads
2. Josh Papalii – 2 offloads
3. Joey Leilua, Edrick Lee, Sia Soliola – 1 offload
The Raiders registered 8 offloads, while Manly registered 14.
1. Joey Leilua – 3 linebreaks, 4 tackle busts
2. Jack Wighton – 1 linebreak, 8 tackle busts
3. Jordan Rapana – 1 linebreak, 5 tackle busts
The Raiders made 6 linebreaks, while Manly made 5.
1. Aidan Sezer had 6 kicks for 167 metres
2. Sam Williams had 4 kicks for 131 metres
3. Josh Hodgson had 3 kicks for 128 metres
The Raiders had 46% possession, while Manly has 54%.
The Raiders completed 28 of 37 (76%) sets. Manly completed 27 of 34 (79%) sets.
The Raiders made 8 errors, while Manly made 9.
The Raiders had 2 dropouts, while Manly had 0.
The Raiders missed 30 tackles, while Manly missed 28.
The Raiders conceded 7 penalties, while Manly conceded 5.
*Statistics provided by ProZone Sports.
Post Match Coverage