You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Austbrokers Canberra Raiders Cup Round 7 Wrap

The Yass Magpies have ended the West Belconnen Warriors undefeated start to the season with a nail-biting win at Raiders Belconnen.

Yass Magpies 18 (Tries: J Smith, J Toppin, T Webb; Goals: J Toppin 3) d West Belconnen Warriors 16 (Tries: D Litster, M Shaw, H Whatman; Goals: M Campbell 2)

The Yass Magpies have ended the West Belconnen Warrior's undefeated start to the season with a nail-biting win at Raiders Belconnen.

Jacob Toppin opened the scoring for the Magpies with a dart from dummy half before Tom Webb crossed to give the Magpies a 12-0 lead at the 20 minute mark.

Dustin Litster narrowed the margin between the two sides after he was put through a gap in the Yass defence before Harry Whatman levelled the scores just before halftime.

Chris Rawlinson put in a perfectly weighted kick for Jai Smith to collect and score early in the second half as Yass restored their lead.

The game took a turn nine minutes from fulltime when Yass co-captain Jacob Toppin was sent off for a late shot on Jacob Graham.

West Belconnen scored four minutes from fulltime when Mitch Shaw latched on to a Harry Brown grubber. However, the conversion was unsuccessful meant the Magpies held a two point lead.

The Warriors nearly pulled off a miraculous comeback when Tevita Aroha-Tuinauvai crossed the line but a pass on the build up was judged to have gone forward.

The win sees Yass two points outside the top four while the Warriors drop to third on for and against.

Tuggeranong Bushrangers 51 (Tries: M Gruber 2, R Sheffield 2, A Tupou 2, M Dragisic, D Faaeteete, J Mitchell; Goals: J Mitchell 7; Field Goals: B Murray) d Gungahlin Bulls 10 (Tries: N Low, R Cronin; Goals: J Scholes)

The Tuggeranong Bushrangers are top of the table after claiming a massive win against the Gungahlin Bulls.

Robert Sheffield opened the scoring for Tuggeranong after 15 minutes when the winger beat Michael Sollis to a Josh Mitchell grubber.

The Bushrangers continued to pile on the points as David Faaeteete, Atu Tupou scored before Sheffield grabbed his second of the afternoon.

Tupou power his way through the Gungahlin defence to score his second try of the game a minute into the second half.

Matt Gruber scored a double before Matthew Dragisic scored his first of the season as the Bushrangers led 44-0.

Ryan Cronin scored Gungahlin's first try of the day in the 66th minute but Josh Mitchell scored Tuggeranong's ninth minutes later.

Ngarima Low scored Gungahlin's second try with a great finish in the corner before Blake Murray decided to finish the game with a field goal.

Queanbeyan Blues 40 (Tries: M Cullen 2, T Stevens 2, F Fainifo 2, J Stuckey, A Misios; Goals: T Campese 4) d Goulburn Workers Bulldogs 10 (Tries: B Arnall, M Worboys; Goals: C Hart)

The Blues were quick out of the blocks at Workers Arena as Joshua Stuckey crashed over the line for a try in the third minute.

Goulburn co-captain Matt Worboys levelled the scores before Brad Arnall lost control of the ball over the line in what appeared to be a certain try.

Tyler Stevens scored to give Queanbeyan the lead but once again Goulburn levelled the scores thanks to good link up play between Hayden Hodge, Chris Hart and Brad Arnall.

The Blues took a four point lead into halftime after Francis Fainifo took advantage of poor Goulburn defence.

Queanbeyan went up a gear midway through the second half as they started piling on the points with the highlights being a length of the field try finished off by Adam Misios.

The win sees the Queanbeyan Blues remain in second place but they level on points with the top of the table Tuggeranong Bushrangers.

Queanbeyan Kangaroos 50 (Tries: J Ayers 3, B Cronan, S Meke, A Tuivasa, T Whiley, N Ngere 2; Goals: B Crisp 7) d Belconnen United Sharks 12 (Tries: A McDonald, T Sione; Goals: A McDonald 2)

The Queanbeyan Kangaroos have bounced back from last week's Queanbeyan derby defeat with a massive 38 point win over the winless Belconnen United Sharks.

After a scoreless opening 10 minutes, Troy Whiley latched on to a Brent Crisp grubber to score for the Roos.

Meke and Ngere both added their names to the scoresheet as the Kangaroos took a 16-0 lead into halftime.

The Sharks were the first to score in the second half as Tino Sione dislodged the ball from Roos fullback Nic Grant before gathering it and crossing the line.

Josh Ayers hit back for the Kangaroos after he was put into a gap by Derek Hay, who made his return to First Grade.

Andrew McDonald scored out wide for the Sharks but the Kangaroos lifted and were rewarded on the scoreboard as Josh Ayers scored a hattrick.

The win sees the Kangaroos remain in fourth place while the Sharks remain rooted to the bottom of the ladder.

Acknowledgement of Country

Canberra Raiders respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.