You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Austbrokers Canberra Raiders Cup Round 18 Wrap

There was plenty of drama in the final round of the Austbrokers Canberra Raiders Cup regular season as the Minor Premiership was decided.

Tuggeranong Bushrangers 48 (Tries: M Brophy 2, L Oakley 2, B Nanesa, B Murray, F Toetu, N Vanisi; Goals: J Mitchell 7) d Queanbeyan Blues 18 (Tries: D Barrie, J Williams, T Stewart; Goals: T Campese 3)

The Tuggeranong Bushrangers claimed their first minor Premiership since the inception of the Austbrokers Canberra Raiders Cup with a 30 point win over the Queanbeyan Blues.

However, Blues halfback Jordan Williams was first to score when he stopped a Mick Picker grubber before gathering the ball and running the length of the field to score.

Tuggeranong levelled the scores five minutes later when Francis Toetu finished an excellent team try before Matt Gruber split the Blues' defence to set up Blake Murray for a try.

Liam Oakley extended Tuggeranong's lead but Queanbeyan edged in front with tries on either side of halftime.

Treigh Stewart scored in the corner on the back of a set play before David Barrie scored from dummy half.

However, the Bushrangers regathered to ensure they bounced back from consecutive defeats in style as they scored 32 unanswered points in the final 25 minutes.

Michael Brophy scored twice in three minutes before Ben Nanesa scored a try before setting up Liam Oakley for his second of the afternoon.

Noa Vanisi scored the final try of the afternoon when he barged on the back of a Josh Mitchell pass.

West Belconnen Warriors 18 (Tries: B Loughhead, T Moa, R Thomas; Goals: L Keeley 3) d Queanbeyan Kangaroos 16 (Tries: J Ayers, N Ngere, T Henderson; Goals: B Crisp 2)

The West Belconnen Warriors secured a come from behind win to seal fourth spot and knock the Kangaroos down to third on the ladder.

The Kangaroos entered the match knowing that a win would see them finish as minor premiers and started brightly as Tyrone Henderson capitalised when Beau McFarlane and Ryan McQueen couldn't defuse a Brent Crisp bomb.

Derek Hay sent a rampaging Josh Ayers over the line in the 11th minute to give the Kangaroos a 12-0 lead as they closed in on the minor premiership.

The Warriors hit back just before halftime as Bayley Loughhead scored before Jacob Graham played the ball quickly the Nela Moa who proved too strong for Bryan Cronan.

Nukurua Ngere gave the Roos the lead once again as he beat four defender to score midway through the second half.

However, the Warriors scored the winning try with 15 minutes to go when Ryley Thomas gathered a McQueen grubber.

Woden Valley Rams 62 (Goals: B Martin 2, M Gilmour 2, D Spencer 2, J Morgan, J McDonald, P Vaka-Vivili, C Hodge, T Hodge, T Hicks; Goals: J Morgan 3, J McDonald 2, B Martin, R Leapai) d Belconnen United Sharks 18 (Tries: B McKenzie, M Butz, L Reis; Goals: A McDonald 2, B McKenzie)

The Woden Valley Rams claimed a top two finish as they eased to victory against the Belconnen United Sharks at Phillip.

However, the Sharks were the first side to score as they barged over in the third minute but Woden captain Jeff Morgan levelled the scores moments later.

Jackson McDonald, who was a late inclusion for veteran halfback Lincoln Withers, claimed a debut try after receiving an offload from Tyson Hodge and running through to score.

The Rams started piling on the tries and had a 32-6 lead at halftime as Hodge, Spencer, Vivili and Hicks all got their names on the scoresheet.

Brock McKenzie gave the Sharks the first points of the second half as he scored an intercept try before Matthew Butz add another four pointer for the Belconnen side when Woden fullback Daine Spencer attempted to offload within his in goal.

However, Woden hit back to confirm the win as Michael Gilmour barged over the line before Spencer made amends for his earlier error with his second try of the afternoon.

Tyson Hodge claimed his second assist when he broke through the line before passing to Brad Martin who scored.

Woden wrapped up the win with two late tries as Martin grabbed his second before Cody Hodge scored right on fulltime.

Yass Magpies 28 (Tries: T Warner 2, J Collins 2, M Edwards; Goals: S Davis 3, S Naughton) d Goulburn Workers Bulldogs 22 (Tries: P Cooke, M Martin, N Cornish, H Hodge; Goals: C Hart 3)

The Yass Magpies claimed their third win on the trot to finish fifth as they missed out on a finals place.

Goulburn started the brighter of the two sides as Matt Martin crashed over the line to score in the second minute but Yass hit back when Jacob Toppin offloaded to Tom Warner who scored.

Haydon Hodge ensured that the Bulldogs had the lead at halftime when he crashed over from dummy half but Mitch Edwards hit back for Yass after the break.

The teams continued to trade tries as Nick Cornish muscled his way over before Pat Cooke doubled Goulburn's lead down the blindside.

However, Yass surged back in the final ten minutes as Jesse Collins gathered a Junior Vatikani offload to score before Tom Warner crashed over the line to ensure he finished at the top of the try scoring charts.

With scores level as full time loomed, the Magpies chanced their arms with some frenetic second phase play. It paid off as Jesse Collins scored near the posts to ensure that the Magpies finished off their season on a high.

Acknowledgement of Country

Canberra Raiders respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.