Here’s the game day information for the Raiders semi-final against the Roosters on Friday night at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Finals Week 2 – Sydney Roosters, Friday, 9th October, Sydney Cricket Ground
Gates Open: 6.15pm
NRL - Raiders v Roosters: 7.50pm
Tickets for club members start at just $15.
To purchase tickets and find out more about ticket pricing and stadium information, visit tickets.nrl.com/finals
VENUE INFORMATION/PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- With stadium capacities increasing, fans are encouraged to consider all the available travel options ahead of time as public transport continues to operate at a reduced capacity to maintain physical distancing across the network.
- Fans are encouraged to drive where possible and use the available carparks on-site and within walking distance of the SCG including the Entertainment Quarter car park, Driver Ave grass car parks and Anzac Parade Sydney Boys and Girls High School car parks. Clearways will also be in effect on roads around the stadium so check signs carefully. Visit livetraffic.com for more details.
- Allow extra travel time on the roads and plan to arrive early as parking in the area will be in high demand and traffic may be heavy during the evening peak.
- If you’re travelling by taxi or rideshare, use Driver Ave or Errol Flynn Blvd as the drop off location. After the game roads will be busy as fans leave the precinct so consider a pick-up point away from the stadium.
- If you’re catching public transport fans are reminded that services will be busy during the Friday evening peak so allow plenty of time getting to the game as you may need to wait for the next service with available physical distancing capacity. Use an Opal card or contactless payment method when travelling on transport.
- Plan ahead using the Trip Planner and transport apps to check real-time capacity indicators where available. Remember to practise physical distancing when on-board transport services and to look for the ‘green dots’ to find the safest places to sit or stand.
- The closest train stations to the SCG are Central and Bondi Junction. From Central you can catch a light rail or shuttle bus to Moore Park leaving from Chalmers St. From Bondi Junction catch one of the many buses from the Interchange to Oxford St to get within short walking distance of the SCG.
- Fans are urged to consider walking between Central and Moore Park via Devonshire St and the Albert ‘Tibby’ Cotter Walkway to minimise wait times for transport services.
- After the game, transport services will be busy so consider walking or delaying your trip home to avoid the longer queues. Additional measures and staff will be in place to safely manage crowds leaving the precinct so be patient, practise physical distancing while in queues and follow the directions of staff on site.
- Wearing a face mask while travelling on public transport is also strongly recommended. Fans are encouraged to keep their face masks on until they reach their seats inside the stadium.
For more details and to plan your trip visit transportnsw.info.
MURRAYS BUS SERVICES
Murray’s Buses offer return services from Canberra to Sydney. Departing from the Jolimont Centre in Canberra City and arriving at Central Railway Station in Sydney. Please note current bus timetables as buses will not return from Sydney post-match and accommodation will be required.
CLICK HERE for Timetable
WATCHING THE MATCH
The NRL match is live on Channel Nine and Fox League 502 and can be streamed through Kayo. The match is also streamed through the Raiders and NRL Apps via NRL Live pass.
Updates from the NRL match will be on the Raiders Twitter. Make sure you are also following us on Facebook and Instagram.
LISTENING TO THE MATCH
Raiders on MIX (106.3) in Canberra
Radio 2CC Canberra (1206AM) in Canberra
666 ABC Grandstand in Canberra