You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Canberra Raiders Cup Round Two Wrap

There were many high scoring matches across the weekend in the Blumers Lawyers Canberra Raiders Cup competitions

Gungahlin Bulls 40 d Belconnen United Sharks 22

The Gungahlin Bulls recorded their second win of the season with a 18-point victory over the Belconnen United Sharks at NSWRL HQ Bruce on Saturday. 

In what was a thrilling game, the Bulls were ahead 28-16 with ten minutes to go before Sharks winger PK Amponn-Nyamekye scored a try and Manase Kaho converted to close the gap to 28-22. 

With the home crowd cheering them on, the Sharks fought hard but the Gunaghlin defence proved too good. Two late tries to halfback Jordan Williams and winger Todd Sherd pushed the scoreline out to 40-22. 

Earlier, the Sharks were ahead 10-6 after half an hour, before winger Ranapiri Baker was sent to the sin-bin. 

Gungahlin capitalised and scored two tries down that side, with Lucas Thomson and Jack Williams both crossing the try-line for four-pointers. The Bulls went into half-time with a 16-10 lead. 

Gungahlin Bulls 40 (Tries: T Eldridge, T Sherd, L Thomson, K Kenny, Jordan Williams, Jack Williams, M Richards; Goals: L Thomson 6) d Belconnen United Sharks 22 (Tries: M Kaho 2, P Amponn-Nyamekye, E McCarroll, J Slavin; Goals: M Kaho 2)

Round Two Highlights: Belconnen United Sharks v Gungahlin Bulls

Queanbeyan Blues 40 d Yass Magpies 6

The Queanbeyan Blues continued their dominant start to the season with a 40-6 win over the Yass Magpies at Seiffert Oval on Saturday. 

Blues fullback Matthew Parsons opened the scoring for his side, before centre Cyprian Ale scored a quick double. 

From there it was all Queanbeyan, with many of their tries coming through the middle of the field. Richard Holani also scored a double for the Blues, with other winger George Morseu also picking up a try. 

The Blues defence was strong all game too, with the Magpies' only try coming right at the end through hooker David Barrie. 

Queanbeyan Blues 40 (Tries: M Parsons 2, C Ale 2, R Holani 2, G Morseu; Goals: J Mitchell 6) d Yass Magpies 6 (Try: D Barrie; Goal: S Davis)

Round Two Highlights: Queanbeyan Blues v Yass Magpies

Woden Valley Rams 26 d Tuggeranong Bushrangers 22

It was a tight one at Phillip Oval on Saturday, with the Woden Valley Rams just holding on to claim a four point win over the Tuggeranong Bushrangers.

Woden were ahead 26-18 with one minute to go, before Tuggeranong five-eighth Wezley Alexanders-McCarthy crossed over for a try. 

With the final siren gone, the Bushrangers had one more play, nearly puling off a match-winning try before Woden snuffed out the kick.. 

Tuggeranong started the match well, jumping out to a 12-0 lead after 15 minutes, with centre Nrarima Low and lock Niu Mariota both scoring and Jack Heyman kicking both conversions. 

The Rams fought back, with Aidan Agnew scoring off a kick. Woden centre Lachlan Eveston then scored right on half-time, with a great play down the right edge. The scores were tied at 12-12 at half-time. 

The Bushrangers came out of the break fired up, and Alexander-McCarthy scored his second right after play resumed. 

Woden's Eveston levelled up the scored at 18-18 with a four-pointer, halfback Brayden Roberston adding the two points. From there, Agnew and Sean Maloney both crossed the try-line for the home side, giving them a 26-18 lead. 

Woden Valley Rams 26 (Tries: A  Agnew 2, L Eveston 2, S Maloney; Goals: B Robertson 3) d Tuggeranong Bushrangers 22 (Tries: W Alexander-McCarthy 2, N Low, T Mariota; Goals: J Heyman 3) 

Round Two Highlights: Woden Valley Rams v Tuggeranong Bushrangers

Goulburn City Bulldogs 44 d Queanbeyan Kangaroos 30

The Goulburn City Bulldogs claimed their second straight win after a high-scoring 44-30 win over the Queanbeyan Kangaroos at Workers Arena on Sunday. 

The Bulldogs got out to a great start, with hooker Ryan Griffin scoring to tries in the opening eleven minutes. 

Roos hooker Jesse Dent scored his side's first try, closing the gap to 12-6. Goulburn five-eighth Thomas Croker crossed the try-line to extend his side's lead to 18-6, before Sione Vuki scored for the Roos, bringing them back within one converted try. 

But from there it was all the Bulldogs, with the home side piling on another 26 points. They lead 44-18 win ten minutes to go, before the Roos scored two late tries, the final score 44-30. 

Goulburn City Bulldogs 44 (Tries: T Croker 2, R Griffin 2, M Flack, I Walker, D Stephens, J Peppernell; Goals: I Walker 6) d Queanbeyan Kangaroos 30 (Tries: J Dent 2, T Rupapera, Z Noble, S Vuki; Goals: S Vuki 5)

Round Two highlights: Goulburn City Bulldogs v Queanbeyan Roos