You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Canberra Raiders Cup Round Seven Wrap

It was a big weekend of action over the weekend in round seven of the Canberra Raiders Cup

Goulburn City Bulldogs 36 d Woden Valley Rams 20

The Goulburn City Bulldogs are back in the winners circle after a 16 point victory over the Woden Valley Rams at Phillip Oval on Saturday. 

Both teams were desperate for the two points, having not had a win since round two. But it was the Bulldogs who came out on top after a strong second half. 

The Bulldogs were first on the board, with hooker Angus Marshall crashing over from dummy half. Issac Walker converted to give Goulburn an early 6-0 lead. 

The Rams fought back, with winger Liam Lupton and lock Sean Maloney both going over for four-pointers, the Rams hitting the lead 10-6. 

In what was a see-sawing affair, the momentum then shifted the Bulldogs way with tries to Max Flack and Steve Cummins. The visiting side went into the half-time break with a 14-10 lead. 

Woden were first to score in the second half, with Tom Scrivener diving over in the corner for a try, levelling the score at 14-14. 

The scores were locked at 20-20 with twenty minutes to go, before tries to Matt Sherer, Dillon Rota and Steve Cummins sealed the win for the Bulldogs. 

Goulburn now sit in fourth spot on the ladder, while the Rams are on the bottom. 

Round Seven highlights: Woden Valley Rams v Goulburn City Bulldogs

West Belconnen Warriors 22 d Queanbeyan Blues 18

The West Belconnen Warriors put a statement out to the rest of the competition with an upset win over the Queanbeyan Blues at Raiders Belconnen on Saturday. 

The Warriors trailed by eight points with eight minutes to go before an Andrew McDonald double sealed the win for the home side. 

The Blues were first to score, with Richard Holani crashing over the try-line. 

West Belconnen bounced back and fullback Brandon Withers scored two successive tries, with Bayley Graham successfully converting both to put his side in front 10-6. 

Second rower Atunaisa Tupou got Queanbeyan back in front with a double, and George Morseu converting for a 18-10 lead. 

But then is was all West Belconnen, with the home side powering home. 

The Blues remain in second place on the ladder with West Belconnen now in third, with just one point difference. 

Round Seven Highlights: West Belconnen Warriors v Queanbeyan Blues

Gungahlin Bulls 36 d Tuggeranong Bushrangers 20

The Gungahlin Bulls kept their unbeaten winning streak alive with a 16 point victory over the Tuggeranong Bushrangers at Greenway Oval on Saturday. 

The Tuggeranong Bushrangers fought hard throughout the game, holding the lead three times, but the Bulls were too strong and came away with the win.

The Bushrangers lead 12-6 in the first half, with Joshua Billing and Jayden Pollard both scoring for the home side. 

But the Bulls went into half-time with a 14-12 lead, with first half tries to Zach Patch and Lucas Thomson. 

Tuggeranong were first on the scoreboard in the second half, with second rower Patrick Birch bursting through the defence to score, giving his side a 16-14 lead. 

But from there it was all the Bulls, who showed why they have the best attack in the competition. Tre Holten-Williams, Rourke O'Sullivan and Deakin Bright all scored to put their side ahead 28-16. 

Tuggeranong winger Pollard got his second try of the day to make it 28-20, but Gungahlin had to last say with winger Dean Aylott scoring the final try of the afternoon. 

The Bulls remain outright first on 14 points, four points ahead of the Queanbeyan Blues in second. 

The Bushrangers are sitting in seventh place. 

Round Seven highlights: Tuggeranong Bushrangers v Gungahlin Bulls

Belconnen United Sharks 30 d Yass Magpies 24

The Belconnen United Sharks have recorded their second win in as many weeks with a six-point win over the Yass Magpies at NSWRL HQ on Saturday. 

After defeating Goulburn last week, the Sharks backed it up with another big performance in round seven. 

The Sharks jumped to a 12-0 lead after ten minutes, with winger Paakofi Amponn-Nyamekye and halfback Joshua Pokoney both scoring and Campbell Woolnoguh successfully converting. 

Yass got on the board through Loghan Lewis, before the Sharks extended their lead to 18-4 after winger Jonathan Fangaiuiha scored. 

But the Magpies then staged a comeback, with tries to Caleb Esera, Bayley Maher and Shaun Davis giving the visitors a 20-18 lead. 

Belconnen United were not done with yet, with a great length of the field try started by Manase Kaho and finished by Amponn-Nyamekye. Kaho then crossed the try-line himself, with the Sharks lead extended to 30-20. 

Magpies second rower Davis scored his second of the afternoon, but it wasn't enough as the Sharks held on for the win. 

Yass are now in fifth place on the ladder, one point ahead of the Belconnen United Sharks. 

Round Seven Highlights: Belconnen United Sharks v Yass Magpies

Acknowledgement of Country

Canberra Raiders respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.