To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Canberra Raiders’ first game (in Feb 2022), the Canberra Museum and Gallery (CMAG) is curating an exhibition exploring the club’s history, evolution and contribution to the community – and they want to hear from you.
Canberra Raiders: 40 Years in the Limelight is the name of the exhibition and we’re looking to engage and include pieces of Raiders history from a broad cross-section.
So whether you’re a long-time member or just go to the odd game for a bit of fun, if you have a unique or unusual object, something hand-made or from a key moment of Raiders history, or simply a great story or photo, then get in touch.
Simply send through an image of your item(s), photo or story with a description to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘CMAG Raiders Submission’ and we will take your submission into consideration.
While we won’t be able to put everything in the show or respond to every email, we will carefully consider all your contributions and we thank you in advance for your enthusiasm for this project. We can’t wait to share this exhibition with you all.
Potential things we’re looking for include may be:
· Unique Clothing (Jerseys/t-shirts/scarves etc)
· Unique or rare memorabilia items
· Tickets (particularly early games at Seiffert Oval) or early membership information
· Paper-based ephemera such as /brochures/newspaper clippings
· Home-made items/souvenirs
· Premiership items (t-shirts, flags etc)
· Images of Raiders interacting major community events