Terms and Conditions
Season 2022 Raiders Membership
All 2022 Canberra Raiders (RLFC) memberships are subject to the following terms and conditions and apply from receipt of your membership payment to 31 October 2022.
The Club reserves the right not to accept any membership application in its absolute discretion and will not process any application form which is incomplete.
Purchasing a Membership
· Memberships can be purchased:
· Online – visit raiders.com.au/membership
· Over the phone – call (02) 6253 3515
Huawei Raiders Centre is temporarily closed to the public for the foreseeable future, due to the coronavirus restrictions.
All membership prices are GST inclusive unless otherwise stated.
Members with outstanding debt from previous seasons are not eligible to renew/apply for membership for subsequent seasons until all outstanding debt has been paid.
Payment options include:
· In full, upfront – available for all membership packages
· Part payments (up to 8 monthly instalments) – available for full season memberships only
A confirmation email confirming payment has been processed will be sent via email within 48 hours of your purchase.
Rolling Renewal Program
We are taking the hassle out of renewing your membership. The Rolling Renewal enables you to automatically renew your membership from year to year.
· If you pay your membership fees by AMEX, Mastercard or Visa credit or debit card online, unless you elect to opt out of Rolling Renewal plan, you authorise the Club to automatically renew your membership each season into the same seat (if applicable) and package (or a reasonably comparable package) and to deduct the applicable membership fees from the relevant card used to purchase your previous membership.
· If you have purchased your membership at a discounted rate, your membership will be placed on the automatic renewal for the following season at the full price of the membership.
· You acknowledge that the membership fees may increase from season to season, including juniors who surpass the age of 16 . The Club will provide reasonable prior notice of any changes to membership fees.
· Prior to the automatic rollover, members will receive written notice via email and/or letter that details the pricing for the following season. Members can choose to opt-out during this 14-day opt-out period or at any time during the season by contacting the Membership Team.
· It is members responsibility to ensure the credit or debit card details provided are correct, including notification should the expiry date change. It is also your responsibility to ensure sufficient clear funds are available on the nominated account on each scheduled instalment date, and that all contact details are correct at all times.
Payment Option 1 – In full, upfront
The in-full/upfront payment option will be deducted upon acceptance/receipt of your 2022 membership application.
From season 2021 onwards, Raiders Membership will be moving to contactless payments only, in response to COVID-19 regulations, and to make the renewal process as safe as possible for everyone.
As such, only Mastercard (debit/credit card), VISA (debit/credit card) and AMEX electronic payments will be accepted.
In-full/upfront payments made via credit or debit card are deducted automatically and will appear on your banking transaction within the same day as ‘Raiders Membership’.
If your payment declines, we will contact you to arrange an alternate form of payment. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution will be payable by you.
Payment Option 2 – Monthly Part Payments
The part payments option is applicable on a monthly payment plan from November 2021 to June 2022.
· Methods of payment include VISA, Mastercard, AMEX (VISA Debit card and Debit Mastercard also accepted).
· Payment will comprise an initial deposit – this amount is payable at the time you sign up and will vary depending on the month you join, with the balance to be paid in equal instalments until the final payment scheduled in June 2022.
· Applications received before the 2nd December 2021 will have the equivalent of the first instalment charged at the time of application/renewal.
· Applications received on or after the 2nd December 2021 will have the number of required payments deducted immediately upon receipt of application/renewal to bring them up to date with the fixed schedule. Subsequent monthly instalments will then be taken at each specified date.
· Instalment payments will be deducted on the 1st Thursday of each month (or the next business day if this falls on a public holiday) via a nominated credit or debit card
· Instalment dates cannot be changed, but additional or early payments can be made online at any time by the member. Refer to Fixed Payment Schedule for payment dates.
· By electing to pay by instalments, you authorise the Club to debit from your nominated credit or debit card for the amounts advised to you at the time of application or renewal.
· If any future payment fails to transfer between institutions, further attempts will be made daily throughout the month to clear the funds until successfully processed. The member may be contacted via email, standard mail or phone to advise of any failed payments.
· If any monthly instalments are declined or failed, a $5 fee will be applicable to the members’ account for every month the payments are late
· It is members responsibility to ensure the credit or debit card details provided are correct, including notification of any expiry date change. It is also your responsibility to ensure sufficient clear funds are available on the nominated account on each scheduled instalment date, and that all contact details are correct at all times.
· If an instalment payment is returned or dishonoured by the financial institution, you will be notified for immediate payment. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution will be payable by you.
· The Club may suspend or cancel your membership if on two consecutive occasions your payment is dishonoured by your financial institution. You will be notified via email or letter if the Club suspends or cancels your membership. Please note that at least 24 business hours will be needed to reinstate your membership once payment is received.
· If your membership is suspended or cancelled, all membership benefits including, but not limited to access to Club games and pre-sale ticket windows will be suspended.
· All members who choose to pay via instalments must have their membership paid in full by the 2nd of June 2022. Any members who fail to pay the balance by this date risk having their membership voided and barcodes cancelled immediately. Any instalments paid, or monies collected, prior to that date cannot be refunded.
· If you believe that a payment has been initiated incorrectly, contact the Membership Team. If you are correct and if we cannot substantiate the reason for drawing, you will receive a full refund of the withdrawal amount.
· Should the Club be unable to obtain payment of overdue money after making every reasonable attempt then the debt may be referred to a credit reporting/debt collection agency for recovery of any monies owed.
· Any additional administrative or other fees incurred by the Club to engage a credit reporting/debt collection agency will be payable by members.
Fixed Payment Schedule
Next fixed schedule payment dates (not including any initial payments) are as follows:
1. 4 November 2021
2. 2 December 2021
3. 6 January 2022
4. 3 February 2022
5. 3 March 2022
6. 7 April 2022
7. 5 May 2022
8. 2 June 2022
Member Ownership and Permissions
The name on the membership is the owner of the membership, including usage of the seating, account credit and all other benefits, regardless from where payment from the membership was received.
It is the responsibility of each member to ensure they are eligible for their membership subscription at the time of renewing or purchasing each season.
Any member found to be ineligible in their current membership may have their membership subscription changed and the difference in price charged to their account.
To qualify as a junior member, juniors must be 16 years of age or under as of 1 March 2022. Name of junior and date of birth are compulsory for all junior memberships.
Children 0 – 4 years may enter Raiders home games for free, but must be seated on the lap of an accompanying adult. Children 5 years and over must have their own ticket. We ask everyone to keep up to date with ACT Government Restrictions and Terms of Entry at GIO Stadium for any changes to ticketing processes.
Concession prices apply if you have a Full-time Student Card, Seniors Card or Pensioners Card. Appropriate proof of concession must be available for display upon ground entry.
Members can upgrade a Junior and/or Concession membership to a higher classification for individual games by purchasing the upgrade at the box office on game day.
Family memberships must be purchased in multiples of one adult and one junior i.e. two adults and two juniors.
Companion & Special Needs
The Club currently recognises the Companion Card program. Companion Card holders are eligible for one complimentary membership seat along with a purchased membership, however, are ineligible for member benefits unless paying as a member.
On presentation of a companion card, an additional member card in the name of the companion cardholder will be issued to the companion free of charge. For seating preferences to be considered, including the need for wheelchair seating and/or carer/escort seats, they must be noted at the time the membership is purchased.
Appropriate proof of concession must be available for display upon ground entry.
All membership packages, inclusions and benefits are subject to availability.
Membership packages are determined by the membership classification (i.e. adult/junior/teen/concession etc.) and if applicable the number of games and location of seating as outlined in the package description.
Memberships purchased after the first home game will not be sold on a pro-rata basis, unless advertised as such, and will be charged at the prices listed on raiders.com.au/membership or as promoted.
· Full season packages – access to all available Raiders home games at GIO Stadium Canberra during the regular season
· Part season packages – access to a select number of available Raiders GIO Stadium home or away games, as per package benefits during the regular season
· Non-Access packages – no admission rights to Raiders home or away games
All full season packages are based on a regular NRL Season which includes all home games at GIO Stadium. All dates, times, participating teams and venues of Raiders games relating to the 2022 NRL Season Draw will be available at raiders.com.au once determined by the NRL and are subject to change.
Membership packages are inclusive of game access (where applicable), pack items and benefits, and can not be altered or changed for individual member requests.
Members with reserved seating will be allocated a dedicated seat for all available Raiders home games at GIO Stadium Canberra.
General Admission Seating
General admission members are not allocated a dedicated seat. Instead, general admission members will have access to sit in any seat in the general admission area for the select number of available Raiders home or away games as outlined in their package description.
Access to general admission seating is on a first-come, first served basis subject to availability. The earlier you arrive, the more seating options you will have.
Your access to matches is not guaranteed. Access is subject to capacity and the Club recommends you arrive early in order to guarantee entry, particularly at high demand games. The Club will do what is within its power to provide you entry at high demand games but cannot guarantee it.
Part-Season Members will be advised prior to each game if their category of part-season membership will be available to them as an option for their 2022 part-season membership.
Non-access memberships including but not limited to Sofa Supporter adult, Junior, Teen or Baby/Toddler do not include access to any Raiders games.
Reserved Seat Allocations
Same Seat Cut-Off
2021 reserved seat members have a priority renewal period until 13 December 2021 to retain their allocated seat at GIO Stadium Canberra for season 2022.
2021 reserved seat members looking to change to different seating are strongly encouraged to renew during the renewal period to then allow themselves the best opportunity to secure one of the best seats available when the seat change window opens.
Renewing members without a reserved seat looking to upgrade and new members, are strongly encouraged to renew or join by 13 December 2021 to then allow themselves the best opportunity to secure one of the best seats available when the seat change window opens.
Renewing members that do not renew by 13 December 2021 will relinquish their membership seat.
Seat Change Window
· A seat change window will open on 15 December 2021 after the same seat cut-off renewal period has ended and will close by 17 December 2021.
· Members will be notified via email of the seat change window, instructions and deadlines prior to its commencement and will have the opportunity to select alternate seating themselves online, subject to availability.
· During the seat change window, all un-renewed seats will be made available, first to renewing members looking for a seat change or upgrade, followed by a release to new members looking to upgrade their seat selected at the time of sign up.
· If members change their seating during the seat change window their 2021 seat will no longer be available to them.
· Members who renew or join by 13 December 2021 and choose not to select an alternate seat during the seat change window will retain their 2021 seat or seat selected at time of sign up for season 2022.
· Members who believe they will require assistance to change their seats during the seat change window can do this by requesting a call back.
· All reasonable attempts will be made to contact members during the same seat window for those who have requested a call back to discuss seat preferences before any seats are changed; including alternate options, if any preferred seats noted are unavailable.
GIO Stadium Parking
Traffic management and car park operations for all Raiders home games at GIO Stadium are managed by the venue. Visit giostadiumcanberra.com.au for more information.
Parking space is limited and is subject to availability. We encourage members to arrive early to avoid disappointment.
As representatives of the club, we ask all members to respect fellow fans and conduct themselves in a manner that reflects our Club values – courage, respect, integrity and professional. This includes:
· Abiding by the relevant conditions of use of the Club’s web or social media sites.
· Abiding by the conditions of entry to GIO Stadium Canberra at canberrastadium.com.au
· Respecting that opposition fans have an allegiance to their own club and welcome all fans to our home venue.
· Not abusing or using bad language towards fellow supporters, away supporters, players, staff or officials.
· Understanding that anti-social behaviour causing offence by words, actions or intoxication will not be tolerated.
· Understanding that we have a zero-tolerance policy towards racism and discrimination for any member that racially vilify players, officials, staff and/or other spectators or supporters.
· Advising security, police or game day staff of inappropriate or poor behaviour so the matter can be dealt with promptly.
The Club reserves the right to suspend or cancel a membership or restrict access to game days or events for such a period as it shall see fit for any member who behaves in a manner deemed to be inappropriate.
By joining as a member and providing us with your personal contact information you will be automatically subscribed to receive communication via email, phone, SMS and mail. Email is our primary method of communication to members and includes but is not limited to up to date Club and membership news, game day and event information as well as any pre-sales or promotion offers.
It is the responsibility of the member to ensure their contact details are kept up to date at all times so we can communicate with you effectively. Should you not wish to receive communication from us via these methods, please contact the Membership Team.
We are committed to a consultative process with our members. We will take on board feedback received from members including from surveys and research conducted by the NRL and we conduct our own member survey(s) so we can continue to improve our membership offerings and processes.
We recognise the importance of good customer service and will strive to provide this to all members and supporters seeking to become members. To do this we will:
· Be friendly, courteous and professional in our approach
· Be well informed, so that we are able to help you
· Do all that we can do to continually improve the options we provide for members
· Introduce ourselves to you
· Acknowledge/respond to emails, phone calls and letters within reasonable timeframes
· Call you back when you have requested this
· Strive to ensure that your experience with us is a positive one
To discuss any membership related enquiries, we ask that you:
· Call us – on (02) 6253 3515 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
· Request a call back – at raiders.com.au/membership
· Email us – at email@example.com
· Write to us – at: Raiders Membership Team, PO Box 300 Civic Square, ACT, 2608
If you phone us, we will always endeavour to answer your call right away. Should all our team members be tending to other matters at the time of your call, please leave us a voicemail, including your full name, phone number and brief summary about what the call is regarding.
We will strive to respond to any query within 24-48 business hours, however during peak periods a response may take longer than expected. We ask that you be patient during this time as we endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
If we do not meet our customer service standards of performance, then feedback is welcomed either by phone, email or letter. Should you lodge a complaint; this will be escalated to the most appropriate manager and will be addressed as promptly as possible. The feedback you provide us, both good and bad, will help to improve our services going forward.
Lost or Stolen Membership Cards
Membership cards remain the property of the Club. If you’ve lost your ticketed membership card, please contact the Membership Team and we can provide you with instructions on how to access an electronic version of your members’ card to enable game day access as per your ticketing entitlements.
If a replacement card is preferred, we can reissue once payment of the fee ($15) has been received.
Cancellations, Refunds and Exchanges
The Club reserves its right to cancel a membership without a refund where that member is deemed by the Club in its absolute discretion to have breached these terms and conditions.
Membership applications will be processed as received and cannot be withdrawn once processed. The contents of the membership brochure and accompanying forms were correct at the time of printing and the Club, under no circumstances, takes responsibility for any omissions, errors or changes to benefits and inclusions that may occur.
Granting of refunds either in full or partially is wholly at the discretion of the Club. Cancellation fees may apply.
Note on Financial Hardship:
If a member falls on financial hardship, the Club has certain procedures in place in order to ensure that the member is treated appropriately and fairly.
The club will work in close collaboration with the member in order to ensure that a reasonable and acceptable solution is reached.
The Canberra Raiders understand that each financial hardship case is different; therefore, the club will assess each request on a case-by-case basis.
During financial hardship discussions, Raiders Membership staff reserve the right to confirm a claimant’s identity and/or seek further information.
Members who are experiencing financial hardship are urged to contact the Canberra Raiders Membership Team in writing by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Members experiencing financial difficulties are asked to detail their hardship circumstances and provide relevant supporting evidence.
Critical details required from members who make a hardship claim, include but are not limited to:
Names of other people connected to Membership:
Outline of the Members changed financial situation and what they would like out of their membership moving forward:
Frequently Asked Questions
All details outlined in the Frequently Asked Questions also form part of the terms and conditions.
Variation to Terms and Conditions
The Club reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions as may be reasonably necessary from time to time in its absolute discretion.
Please also note that terms and conditions can change at the last minute as a result of COVID-19 Government restrictions.