By the Numbers: Raiders v Eels
There were plenty of standout individual performances in the Raiders 28-18 win over the Eels yesterday.
Jarrod Croker and Brenko Lee were destructive for the team on the left edge, with Lee picking up four tries for the first time in his career. Croker tallied one try, three try assists, two linebreak assists, two offloads and one linebreak in another virtuoso performance.
Josh Papalii was a key driver of the momentum shift that led to the Raiders coming back from 16-0 down. Papalii ran for 168 metres, made 28 tackles and contributed to several of the Raiders tries.
The Raiders completed at a much better rate than the Eels, and also made seven less errors. After a sloppy start, the Raiders defence bounced back in the second-half to hold the Eels scoreless.
1. Josh Papalii- 168m
2. Joey Leilua - 124m
3. Junior Paulo - 119m
1. Elliott Whitehead - 32
2. Josh Papalii - 28
3. Luke Bateman - 26
1. Jarrod Croker – 3 try assists, 2 linebreak assists
2. Joey Leilua – 1 try assist, 2 linebreak assists
3. Jack Wighton – 1 try assist, 1 linebreak assist
Second Phase Play
1. Jarrod Croker - 2 offloads
2. Joe Tapine, Joey Leilua, Blake Austin, Junior Paulo, Sia Soliola – 1 offload
The Raiders registered 7 offloads, while the Eels registered 8.
1. Brenko Lee – 3 linebreaks, 2 tackle busts
2. Joey Leilua – 1 linebreak, 5 tackle busts
3. Jarrod Croker, Blake Austin – 1 linebreak, 4 tackle busts
Both teams made 6 linebreaks.
1. Blake Austin had 6 kicks for 171 metres
2. Aidan Sezer had 6 kicks for 170 metres
3. Joey Leilua had 1 kick for 4 metres
Both teams had 50% possession.
The Raiders completed 29 of 37 (78%) sets. The Eels completed 21 of 34 (62%) sets.
The Raiders made 5 errors, while the Eels made 13.
The Raiders had 3 dropouts, while the Eels had 1.
The Raiders missed 18 tackles, while the Eels missed 30.
The Raiders conceded 9 penalties, while the Eels conceded 10.
*Statistics provided by ProZone Sports.
Post Match Coverage