All the information you need ahead of Saturday’s elimination final between the Raiders and Sharks at GIO Stadium.
Saturday, October 3, GIO Stadium Canberra
Gates Open: 11.15am
NRLW – Roosters v Dragons – 11.30am
NRLW – Broncos v Warriors – 3.00pm
NRL – Raiders v Sharks – 5.40pm
The capacity for this match has been increased to 9600 Patrons
Tickets for the Match have been SOLD OUT
The Viking clap will rumble around the ground just before kick-off, with Raider #61 Phil Carey the Viking Ambassador for Saturday. Phil Played 87 matches for the club between 1985-1991 and was part of the Raiders 1990 premiership team. He is also a member of the Canberra Raiders Hall of Fame.
2020 Viking Ambassadors
Finals Week 1: Phil Carey (Raider #61)
Round 19: Yvette Croft (Local Community Rugby League)
Round 17: Michael Weyman (Raider #240)
Round 16: Nigel Plum (Raider #275)
Round 14: Trevor Thurling (Raider #262)
Round Eleven: Peter Mulholland (NSWRL Life Member)
Round Nine: Georgeina Whelan (ACT ESA Commissioner)
Round Eight: John Barilaro (Deputy NSW Premier)
Round Six: Shaun Fensom (Raider #287)
Round Four: Terry Campese (Raider #242)
Round One: Andrew Constance (Member for Bega)
CLICK HERE for a full list of historical Viking Ambassadors
Member and fan information
Members and fans are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions for GIO Stadium entry and access before, during and post event.
CLICK HERE for a full list of entry terms and conditions for GIO Stadium.
- All attendees must have a ticket, including babies and children under the age of 5.
- Ticket holders will be allocated to a bay and row inside the stadium. It will be the responsibility of the individuals to practise physical distancing within the row. You can sit next to members of your household.
- No bags or drink bottles can be brought into the stadium (exception being one sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle, up to 600ml size).
- You may carry individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging; such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar.
- All clothing must be worn into the stadium, with permitted personal belongings to be carried in your hand or pockets.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, existing membership seats are not applicable as not all are included in the venue build for this event. Therefore, existing seating rights do not remain for current members.
- Tickets for this event are currently capped at 9,600 for sale.
- If you are a resident of Victoria please do not purchase a ticket for this game as you will not be allowed entry. ID checks may be carried out at entry points to GIO Stadium.
- Spectators may be seated in household or family groups, but must otherwise observe physical distancing of 1.5 metres between other spectators. Monetary penalties may apply if you do not adhere to the physical distancing rules in effect.
- Members 10% Food Discount
Food and Beverage
Selected Food and beverage outlets will be open around the ground from gates open.
CLICK HERE for specific F&B outlet opening times and menu listings.
Don't forget, Raiders members receive 10% off food at GIO Stadium thanks to GEMA Catering.
Jersey’s Megastore will be operational on game day in the West Forecourt (From 11.15am) and Southern Inner bowl (From 3.00pm) on game Day.
Getting to GIO Stadium
Limited public transport is available for the match.
CLICK HERE for the latest Public Transport Information
- Please read carefully the changed conditions for parking at the match.
- Parking fees will be waived to remove the need for cash collection at entry points to the car parks;
- Minimal traffic management will be in effect on the Western and Eastern sides of the venue allowing patrons to park without any interaction with attendants;
- Parking vouchers will not be utilised;
- There will be no corporate parking area.
- Patrons in West Corporate areas or seated in bays 1 – 21, 50 – 61 and 77 - 79 are asked to park in the West car park and enter through the West Gate;
- Patrons in East Corporate areas or seated in bays 22 - 32 and 62 - 76 are asked to park in the East car park and enter through the East gate;
- Access to the Eastern car park will be via Braybrooke St and turning onto Masterman St.
Advised GIO Stadium Service Changes
Stadium Management has advised the Raiders that ATMs are no longer at the venue due to low demand. All food and beverage outlets now have EFTPOS / tap and go facilities. Please note that card is the preferred method of payment.
Additionally, as there is currently no agreement in place between TAB and the venue, TAB facilities are no longer available on site.
Report it to Sort it
If you notice any anti-social, discriminatory behaviour or other issues at the match, please text “Assist” to 0455 883 228 for assistance. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and will likely result in exclusion from the venue.
Travelling by Taxi/Rideshare & Uber
The usual drop off and pick up points at GIO Stadium will apply. Please adhere to 1.5m social distancing when queuing for taxis or rideshare services.
A designated drop off and pick-up area will be available on Leverrier St in front of the AIS Visitors centre or AIS Arena on the WEST side of the stadium. For Rideshare / Uber services use ‘AIS Arena’ or ‘AIS Visitors Centre’ as your destination and pick up location, please do not use ‘GIO Stadium’.
Taxis will drop off and pick up at the taxi rank outside the WEST gate only.
What you cannot bring into the stadium
• Any type of bag including a handbag, camera bag, lunchbox or plastic bags;
• Jackets or items of clothing may not be carried into the venue – they must be worn at the time of entry;
• Thermoses or drink bottles;
• Any signage, flags, posters or a musical instrument without prior approval; and
• Footballs, or any other kind of ball.
What you can bring into the stadium
• You may carry permitted items on you at time of entry either in your hand or pockets;
• You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification at time of entry;
• You may carry small purses without a shoulder strap;
• You may carry individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar;
• One sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle and up to 600mL in size;
• Patrons attending with an infant may bring a large size, clear zip-lock bag into the venue to carry required items such as nappies, wipes and formula. A stroller may also be permitted subject to the venue’s standard terms and conditions. Additional items must not be carried in the stroller;
• One blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security;
• One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length is permitted, but must not be in a bag.
Watching the Match
If you can’t make it to GIO Stadium there are options available.
The NRL match is live on Channel Nine and Fox League Channel 502.
There is also the NRL Digital Pass available to watch the match.
Download the NRL App via Google Play or iTunes to subscribe
Overseas fans can watch via Watch NRL
Updates from the matches will be on the Raiders Twitter. Make sure you are also following us on Facebook and Instagram for behind the scenes photos and videos from the match.
Listening to the Match
In 2020 there are more ways to listen. You can tune into any of the following call teams on your game day.
Raiders on Mix – Mix106.3 FM
Radio 2CC – 1206 AM
ABC Grandstand – 666 ABC AM